Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Every minute for anout 10-15 seconds there's a blue spinning circle next to my cursor. It does it even when the computer is idle and I'm not on it or have anything open. I'm pretty sure this has always happened since I got the computer but I was just wondering if it's normal and if every time that circle spins if something is running that would disrupt a file download if I downloaded something during those 10-15 seconds the spinning circle was there.

Also I removed  my ipod from the computer via USB while that circle was spinning will that affect the ipod?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jacquelynm

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion dv6 laptop and there is a blue circle spinning next to the cursor. I'll answer your questions related to this blue spinning circle.

• The blue circle might appears because there are constant programs running in the background which you may not be able to see. 
  • Let me know if the blue circle causes a dip in the performance of the laptop?
  • However, you may press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys on the keyboard and this should open the Windows Task Manager. 
  • In the Task Manager windows, you can view the processes and the services tab to check what all things are running in the background.

It is absolutely fine to download a file when that circle shows up. Because the CPU and the Windows operating system are designed in a way to handle multiple tasks separately. Irrespective of the blue circle is present or not, you can disconnect your iPod. But make sure that you close the iPod application running on the computer and then disconnect it. 

I hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to reach out for any further questions. Good luck! 🙂

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.