Note on archived topics.
02-06-2017 06:35 AM
My HP laptop no longer allows me to highlight text (for copying and pasting) using the mouse on the laptop. It no longer lets me drag emails into folders etc. Any ideas ehy and how I can fix it?
02-06-2017 04:06 PM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. :) I came across your post and would like to help.
I understand that you have an HP Pavillion laptop and it no longer allows you to highlight text and for copying and pasting using the touchpad. Also, you're unable to click and drag emails into folders. Thanks for briefly explaining the issue to me.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- The exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- What's the operating system you use?
- I would like to know if any changes (hardware or software) took place on the laptop after which this issue may have started.
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Please open Device Manager and expand "Mice and other pointing devices."
- Right click on the drivers listed under that and select "uninstall."
- Restart the laptop.
I will wait for your response. Let me know what happens. Cheers! :)
02-28-2019 02:45 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately, based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. I recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/postpage
To be more helpful with your post, you may add key information if you wish:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message.