Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I recently tried to install Windows 7 Home Premium onto my Compaq Mini 110c-1100CA but the only thing that popped up when it read the disc is "Your computer can't run this version of Windows. You need an installation disc that's compatible with your computer. For more information, check your computer's system information." I think it might be the fact that this is a 64bit software. Is there any possible way for me to install it onto my laptop? Do I have to download some other programs in order to do so? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your Compaq Mini 110c-1100CA Computer uses the Intel® Atom™ Processor N270 CPU, which is a 32-bit only CPU. You will never be able to install a 64-bit OS on this 32-bit computer.

Please see Windows 7 SP1 downloads, HERE and HERE. Use these links to download the same version your 64-bit copy is. The product key for your 64-bit copy will activate a 32-bit copy of the same version. If you can't find the correct version, the "ei.cfg Removal Utility" is a simple tool that will remove the ei.cfg  from any Windows 7 ISO disc image... thereby converting the image into a "universal disc" that will prompt the user to select an edition during setup, instead of being forced to use different discs for different versions of Windows 7. Use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool to create the Windows 7 installation DVD or USB Flash Drive.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Your Compaq Mini 110c-1100CA Computer uses the Intel® Atom™ Processor N270 CPU, which is a 32-bit only CPU. You will never be able to install a 64-bit OS on this 32-bit computer.

Please see Windows 7 SP1 downloads, HERE and HERE. Use these links to download the same version your 64-bit copy is. The product key for your 64-bit copy will activate a 32-bit copy of the same version. If you can't find the correct version, the "ei.cfg Removal Utility" is a simple tool that will remove the ei.cfg  from any Windows 7 ISO disc image... thereby converting the image into a "universal disc" that will prompt the user to select an edition during setup, instead of being forced to use different discs for different versions of Windows 7. Use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool to create the Windows 7 installation DVD or USB Flash Drive.

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended
So the first link is the Windows 7 download, what is the second link for? I'm not really good at this stuff, do you think you could give me a step by step procedure on how to do this? Thank you so much for your help.
HP Recommended

Kindly indicate the version and language of Windows 7 that your product key and installation disc are for. Version means... "Home Basic", "Home Premium", "Ultimate", etc. Language means... "English", "French", "German", etc.

The second link is to download a tool which removes the "ei.cfg" from the ISO. This causes the ISO to become a "universal" disc, allowing the installation of any version without needing other discs. This is only needed if you can't download the correct version/language for your key.

The third link is to a DVD/USB creation tool. This is what creates the actual installation media.

Frank

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.