cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
psyspin
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Cost of upgrading the motherboard: HP 8570w

HP Recommended

So I have an elitebook 8570w. Good machine but with extreme heating problems during the years.

During the weekend I got a competely black screen together with flashing capsLock+NumLock keys indicating probably motherboard issues. None of the HP techniques resolved the issue (hard reset etc).

My machine is less than 5 years old so out of waranty, but still 5 years I consider it very short time for such an expensive and relatively high end machine to go out of use, but it happens.

So, I am thinking to replace the motherboard.

Question: How much would it cost (more less) to ask the HP support to do it for me? Note that I bought my laptop in Switzerland but I live in the Netherlands now.

Is it possible to replace motherboard by myself? I have a small practical experience but nothing too advanced. Are there any great risks?

If yes, where can i get a good motherboard for that mentioned model?

thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation