Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

MS Access uses Ctrl-Break to stop the formatting on long reports.  Where can I find the break key on the dv7-6b75nr laptop computer?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

My knowledge is not so good on these products. If I remember correctly, there is no Pause/Break single key on this DV7-6 series product. These are two different functional keys.

To my knowledge, Pause is a combination with right SHIFT key and Break is a combination with ESC key. To use the pause key, it is the combination of Fn & right SHIFT key.

I have not tested but to use Pause/Break key, customer should be pressing CTRL+ALT+ESC+Fn+Right SHIFT keys.

Instead you can use On Screen Keyboard (osk.exe).

You can simplify your needs using third party utilities like the following:

http://www.randyrants.com/2011/12/sharpkeys_35.html

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

I tried all your suggestions and none of them worked.  It is true that pause is located on the right shift key, but break is on no key.

I tried SharpKeys as that sounded ike the best idea and discovered there is no break listed.  Furthermore, there is no way to add two keys together as in Ctrl-Break.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi, I have no Pause/Break on my HP Zbook too.

I found out the following link which helped to me:

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c05314495

The "Break" key is missing from the keyboard layout. The "Break" and "Pause" keys normally shared the same button on older keyboard layouts.
The "Pause" key is now shared with the right "Shift" key

The following legacy keys have been removed from the new keyboard layout.
  • Break
  • Sys Rq
  • Scroll Lock
  • Pause

RESOLUTION:

To resolve this issue, perform the following key strokes to get the correct key functionality. Additional key stroke commands have been added to support the "missing" key functions.
  • Fn+R = Break
  • Fn+S = Sys Rq
  • Fn+C = Scroll Lock
  • Fn+P = Pause

I hope it will help to you. V.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.