cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HPP2012
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Disable Point Stick for HP Elitebook 8470p

HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My Pointing stick is playing up - whenever I type something, the cursor starts to jump around. Very annoying!

Is there a way to disable the pointing stick in the middle of the keyboard, as I am sure that is causing the problem?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Raul24
Level 2
Level 2
17 17 1 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You should be able to disable it using the Mouse software under Control Panel. Alternatively, if your notebook is using the Synaptics drivers, there should be a Synaptics Driver Software.

Locate the Synaptics icon in the bottom left icon tray, open the properties, go to the Device Settings tab, locate the TouchStyk or TouchPointer in the table of available devices and click on the Disable button.

I am an HP Employee.

I am an HP Employee
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation