Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Pretty simple question - I have a convertible laptop that has an orientation sensor. I want to disable it so that the software will always be in landscape with the keyboard and trackpad turned on. How can I do this?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Please check the settings as shown below:

Control panel – Appearance and personalization – Display – Screen resolution – Check the box near the bottom that says “ALLOW THE SCREEN TO AUTOROTATE.”

Or

We can also replace this Sdo Sensor V2 driver with the Simple Device Orientation Sensor driver to resolve the issue

Let me know if the above shown options helped you to resolve the issue

Note: Please reply to this post with the product number of your HP unit.

I will reply to help you further if required

#HPExpertDay

Regards,

KNRK

I work for HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for your query to HP forum. I will try my best to help you.

I found one post in HP forum that may answer your question,

Figured out a solution: Win + R -> type 'regedit' and enter

Registry editor will open up.

Goto path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation

Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.

Restart and Auto rotation will work. 

Note: The lock rotation button in display settings will still be disabled, not sure why.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows/Spectre-X360-Screen-rotation/td-p/5172398 

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

I have disabled the autorotation, but the keyboard and trackpad both still turn off when rotated. Is there a way around this?

HP Recommended

For those of us who have wiped Windows and installed Linux on our laptops, is there a way to turn off the orientation sensor from the BIOS or UEFI? As of Ubuntu 15.04, I find that the display on my Pavilion 15 ab135cy will randomly blank out and reappear rotated. (Actually, the real first question is: does my laptop even have an orientation sensor? I've seen no documentation that says whether it does or tells how to find out, much less deactivate it if it's there.) Ideally, the relevant window manager(s) should be fixed, but pending that, I need a way to turn it off so that the OS will never hear from it. Yesterday I booted into the 17.10 daily build, and it promptly blanked and rotated--so unless I can turn it off outside the OS, it's going to be a very inconvenient installation.

HP Recommended
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.