Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I bought an DVI to Display port adapter and that finally worked.

HP Recommended

The firmware update for the docking station solves the problem almost. There is no internal power error anymore during startup! That's great. However, when the laptop lid is closed during startup, then only one of my two external monitors is

enabled and shows the mouse cursor but not the login screen. Only a docking-off and docking-on enables both monitors and shows the login screen on one of the two external screens.

If the laptop lid is open during startup, then all three screens are working correctly after login procedure on laptop screen without any undocking and redocking.

HP Recommended

Kauai68

for the HP EliteBook 840 G1 install the drivers

Intel Chipset Installation Utility

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swItemId=ob_151328_1&swEnvOid=419...

Intel Management Engine Components Driver

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swItemId=ob_151366_1&swEnvOid=419...

Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5405097&swItemId=ob_151378_1&swEnvOid=419...

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I already installed these driveers before, but now I've reinstalled them. Nothing changed.

I still get a picture on both external screens during startup, but then the login screen is displayed on the closed laptop screen instead on an external screen. Only after an undock-redock I can see the login screen on one of my external screens.

HP Recommended

the problem is the WDDM driver

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn894184(v=vs.85).aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn394270(v=vs.85).aspx

check your Windows update for the driver

open the device manager run the device upgrade

last windows 10 driver with the WDDM 1.3 and 2.0 Support

Please made first a bootable USB  stick with Windows 10

test first the update driver

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thank you for this hint. I see now that my Intel HD Graphics adapater has stopped with an error: code 43. Installing the version provided by HP or downloading the newest version doesn't help. It stops always with an error. Probably it doesn't support WDDM 1.3 and 2.0.

My AMD HD 8750M supports WDDM 1.3 and runs without error. When I disable the Intel HD Graphics adapter then the login screen is displayed on an external monitor and it works well.

Should I wait for an upgrade of the Intel HD Graphics adapter or is there another way to fix the problem with it?

HP Recommended

open the device manager run the Windows update for HD

second

Install the Intel HD from Intel hd4400

Intel HD 4000

you must have a reboot media for 10 i think the system have crash or bluescreen "HP BIOS"

or download the zip extract it

open device manager install the drivers form the unzip folder

test first the update for hd 4000

HP Recommended

I've tried several ways to install either the update of HD 4000 or HD 4400, but all ways failed.

The Intel Driver Utility does not update the graphics adapter because a customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on my computer. Uninstalling and deleting driver files doesn't help.

Running the setup in downloaded driver zips results in the error messages:

• HD 4000: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software."
  • HD 4400: "The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer."

Updating the driver by selecting a driver on a disk results in the error message: "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

HP Recommended

Kaul68

Post the intel Vendor ID

Intel HD the last driver is 4268 Rev.F(11 Sep 2015)

. Login with administrator privileges

2. Open Control Panel

3. Open Device Manager

4. Click on "Display adapters"

5. Double click "Intel HD Graphics"

6. Click on the "Driver" tab

7. Click on "Update Driver" button

8. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software"

9. Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

10. Click on "Have Disk" button <-- very important step

11. Click "Browse"

12. Navigate to the folder that you unzipped theIntel HD Graphics driver to

13.Navigate to the Graphics sub-folder

14. Double click the igdlh64.inf or igdlh.inf file <-- depends on if you have 32 or 64 bit OS

15.Click "OK"

16. Click "Next"

Driver should now be installing.

17. If successful, click "Close"

Reboot.

HP Recommended

I've already had installed this Intel Graphics driver and re-installed it again. The driver date is 5.8.2015. The installation works without problem.

The graphics adapter works correctly only when the laptop is booted outside the docking station. During booting connected to the docking station the driver stops with Code 43.

The HW Ids of the installed graphics driver are:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_198F103C&REV_0B
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&SUBSYS_198F103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A16&CC_0300

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.