Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Tinux,

have you reach sata III speed now, when f.27 released?

i now choose a ssd for 6560b and intel 520 looks interesting for me

Alexander

HP Recommended

BIOS F.27 does not make any changes of the sata speed being the same at sata2 only

HP Recommended

what it you ssd? or you think it does not matter? 

in this thread

http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Solid-State-Drives-SSD/Elitebook-8560p-Crucial-M4-256GB-results-normal/t...

user can get sata III speed with crucial m4 when rolled back to f.20

HP Recommended

I am using Crucial m4 and Samsung 830, both 128gb. It should matter when using either sata 2 or sata 3 ssd, when the sata 600 speed is supported.

F.20, is it? Then I should try to find out. I am not sure if the BIOS can be rolled back (have not done before).

I will post the results once I rolled back to F.20.

Thanks for the info.

HP Recommended

@ ovsale... U are the best  ^_^ ! F.20 runs my Probook 6460b at sata3 speed.You are great man. Kudos to you and to the info you have provided.

Now I understand why other systems @ F.20 runs sata3 while others only sata2 speeds. When I did roll back to F.20 from F.27, initially my sata speed remained at sata2. When I updated to the latest Intel RST driver (from Intel Support website), finally I got sata3 speed. Therefore, 2 things will be needed in this case as follows:

1. Roll back to F.20 bios version

2. Install the latest Intel RST driver from Intel Support page only.

Further to this, I tried loading the F.27 bios update once again hoping that maybe it is the RST driver that actually made the difference. After the F.27 update, my sata transfer rate went back to 3gb/s according to Intel RST manager. I tried the F.22 as well, and it gave me the same sata 3gb/s transfer rate.

ATTO bench @ F.27 bios with Crucial m4-128gb SSD:

ATTO bench_F27-Probook6460b.jpg

ATTO bench @ F.20 bios with Crucial m4-128gb SSD:

ATTO bench_F20-Probook6460b.jpg

HP Recommended

@corephil Glad for you man) Thanks for details of your investigations.

HP Recommended

Atto test results with the F.27 bios and Intel SSD 520 series

Intel520_Probook6460b_F.27.PNG

Atto testresults with the F.20 bios and Intel SSD 520 series

Intel520_Probook6460b_F.20.PNG

:OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

@corephil

everybody happy but me) i`ve got intel 520 ssd and now try to get sata 3 speed. i`ve setup windows with F.27 bios. and then try to update bios to F.20. but windows can`t start from ssd with this bios. i`ve rooled back F.27 and get my win working but only sata2 speed.

i use windows 8 RTM. ssd in main slot. i`ve tryed both legacy boot and UEFI boot. where i wrong? i think it is not win8 issue.

Alex 

HP Recommended

Has anyone tried if the F.28 BIOS update resolves the SATA 2/3 issue?

HP Recommended

for me - not. and set 6gb/s in bios can cause not stable work or even not boot...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.