Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a DV4-2160us Laptop, Win 7 Pro 64 bit, Hard drive totally broken after daughter dropped the laptop.  No warranty.  Ordered Factory restore disks, installed new 500gb hdd.  Will not boot to the Recovery disks, however it would let me install a copy of Win7 that I dl'd.  Please help me restore to Factory Condition.  I have spent hours trying to find the solution, and Tech Support says I MUST have the 320gb HDD purchased from HP in order to perform the recover function.  Why would that matter?  Once again, PLEASE HELP.  Thank you

HP Recommended

@JosephBraud wrote:

I have a DV4-2160us Laptop, Win 7 Pro 64 bit, Hard drive totally broken after daughter dropped the laptop.  No warranty.  Ordered Factory restore disks, installed new 500gb hdd.  Will not boot to the Recovery disks, however it would let me install a copy of Win7 that I dl'd.  Please help me restore to Factory Condition.  I have spent hours trying to find the solution, and Tech Support says I MUST have the 320gb HDD purchased from HP in order to perform the recover function.  Why would that matter?  Once again, PLEASE HELP.  Thank you

Hard drive does not need to be exactly the same size, but some recovery discs will not work on Advanced Format hard drives regardless of size, so this could present a problem once you figure out why it will not boot from the Recovery disc 1, which has nothing to do with the hard drive.

HP Recommended

Lost my Hp Pavilion 6c00tx recovery,plz help me how can i come back it

My Hp Laptop Name is Hp Pavilion Dv7-6c00tx Laptop

HP Recommended

@Naeemchoohan wrote:

Lost my Hp Pavilion 6c00tx recovery,plz help me how can i come back it

My Hp Laptop Name is Hp Pavilion Dv7-6c00tx Laptop

You can order HP recovery media below, or call HP on the phone to order 1-800-474-6836

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

If HP no longer has Recovery Media for your model, order them here

http://www.computersurgeons.com/Default.aspx

HP Recommended

Dear Sir I Live in Pakistan Country,It Has not Available For Media Recovery Option In The Hp Driver And Software Download Website,Plz Help Me i How Can Order For Media Recovery Option,Plz Help Me For In The Pakistan Country,

HP Recommended

@Naeemchoohan wrote:

Dear Sir I Live in Pakistan Country,It Has not Available For Media Recovery Option In The Hp Driver And Software Download Website,Plz Help Me i How Can Order For Media Recovery Option,Plz Help Me For In The Pakistan Country,

Primary: +65 6622 1426 (HP Software call taking is offered in English, Chinese, Japanese and Korean)
Secondary: Send an email to customer-access.sgp@hp.com;
+65 6272 4333 select option 4

http://support.openview.hp.com/contact_list.jsp

HP Recommended

Dear Sir Plz you can get for my hp laptop recovry softwaer,plz sorry i don't was make it,plz

HP Recommended

Please help for download Recovery Manager for Probook 4411s...........I can not reinstall Windows

Thanks

HP Recommended

@angelo70 wrote:

how to download recovery manager? I have an hp pavillon dv6-3040er notebook, OS Windows 7 64-bit. Thanks

HP Recommended

@ahmad86 wrote:

how to download recovery manager? I have an hp pavillon dv6-3040er notebook, OS Windows 7 64-bit. Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.