cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Vinay_saini
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Drivers won't install

HP Recommended
15-r005tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

hello Sir hope you doing well!

i have this huge concern regarding my laptop where i am unable to install drivers.

i recently installed Windows 7 x64 and i have already downloaded the available drivers for it from the official website.

the moment i try to install the very first driver i.e Intel Chipset Driver it will just extract and won't show anything.

after extracting the cursor's loading circle rotates for some time and thats it, nothing happens afterwards.

even after this i manually tried installing extracted Chipset driver from SWsetup folder in C drive, clicking next->next->then finish it didn't show any loading screen or anything like installing.

then i tried installing the Intel HD Graphics Drivers but

it shows this error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software".

i've tried downloading the drivers from alternate sites n numbers of times but it shows the same error!

in system properties it shows "System Type: 64 Bit Operating System"

I am unable to install even a single driver, would really appriciate help right now!

3 REPLIES 3
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,619 4,016
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Vinay_saini

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand the drivers aren't installing as you want them to,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

I'm curious to know why exactly is it that you need to update your drivers?

Do you have any issues with the video card or your display?

Have you checked any related HP Forums post to resolve your concern?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts,  

mark my post as Accepted Solution. 

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Vinay_saini
Author
4 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
well as i have specified earlier.. i installed Windows 7 x64 which does not include any preinstalled drivers for my laptop! so i need to have them to use my graphic card, my wlan, etc etc
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,619 4,016
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Vinay_saini

Thank you for replying with this overwhelming and detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

The reason I asked about need to update drivers is because the OEM or HP Supplied OS comes preinstalled with the drivers relevant to work with your product if this is an upgrade or a downgrade of windows, 

I'm afraid that is not supported by HP. 

  

Unfortunately, I can only help you once you’re back on OEM, 

If you need assistance obtaining a recovery media, please Click here for the details.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,  

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation