Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When trying to stop tne installer, it was reported that an HP_Tools partition could not be found, surely because this was a fresh Windows 7 Pro 64-bit installation from 'scratch."

HP Recommended

I discovered that the diagnostic app did not install because there was no "UEFI partition on the hard drive in which to install it. Instead installed it on a USB stick. Ran the memory tes and the short SMART test. Both passed. Now running the "long DST" test. Nothing I've seen in this application so far seem to apply to the WiFi hardware but I'll assume for the moment that the long DST test might find something. Don't know what UEFI or DST stand for...curious abbreviations without clarifying description.

HP Recommended

Ran all of the tests  offered by the recommendation. All tests (memory, short and long hard drive) passed. Now what can I try?

HP Recommended

Can you post an image of your Network connections dialogue window here in your thread?

If that is what you are seeing with your wifi adapter conection, then the issue is a security password problem. In my case, I chose to not use one of the connections(ethernet) and the other connection (wifi) is just an example for you to see.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Here it is:HP 8570p.png

HP Recommended

OOOooopppsss!

While the network connection window was open, I noticed the Wireless Network Connection icon. I'm not sure what compelled me to do this, but I double-clicked on it and a window opened inviting me to select a network. I chose the local net and, lo and behold, I now have a wireless connection!

Now another problem popped up, but I think it might be related to the bluetooth adapter. The device named BCM20702A needs a driver, according to its properties dialog.What driver do I need?

HP Recommended

By the way, that wireless network connection item that I double-clicked on was the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6.. . 

HP Recommended

I ran the bluetooth driver for Broadcom (BCM) that I found on the HP 8570p drivers collection and that installed the bluetooth functionality.

I think everything is OK nowl At least every entry in Device Manager seems to be OK. I'm not sure if the fingerprint sensor is OK or not, but I don't forsee ever using it.

What is the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #2? Is it essential?

HP Recommended

There is an explanation of what the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter is and how it can be used at the following URL.

http://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-7/what-is-microsoft-virtual-wifi-miniport-adapter/

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you for your assistance and patience. I've managed to get everything working and installed all of the Windows 7 Pro 64-bit updates. So I don't have to go through this again. I bought an external enclosure for a 2.5" SATA drive and will clone the internal drive to a spare. Should make life a whole lot easier if the internal HDD goes belly-up in the future.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.