Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Elitebook Folio G1 M5
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

My company have recently got a few of the new EliteBook Folio G1 M5 notebooks in to do some testing as a new device for our users. To test it we need to install our corporate image onto the device to give it a road test but we have been unable to PXE boot it and even unable to image it via a USB.

I am lost for possible solutions now at this point with the device.

I am trying to install Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit as this is our corporate operating system.

We currently have one 32-bit boot image that allow us to boot all of our other laptops and when we get a new device I just update the network driver into the boot.wim and it works fine however this hasn't worked with this model.

I even extracted a Windows 7 64-Bit ISO so I could get my hands on an x64 boot.wim to inject the driver into this however I still get the same issue.

On the laptop support docs on the HP website it says for Windows 7 Compatablity you need to download the 3.1 Pack and two Windows updates and then inject them into the boot image which again I have tried on the x32 & x64 boom.wim and neither work.

I have even downloaded all drivers for this model of laptop and from the Windows 7 X64 version and injected them one by one to see if any are needed additional and it doesn't work with any combination.

There is also no previous version for the Realtek USB Ethernet NIC that I can try although I have downloaded 99% of USB NICs available from Realtek, injected these into the boot.wim and again still the same issue.

I have Windows 10 boot.wim that allows it to boot without any issues and install a test Windows 10 image I have and not got a clue what I can try now to get this to work with Windows 7!

I have tried the network boot via the USB-C Dock & the USB-C to USB & Ethernet adapter and both the same issue.

Just in case anyone is confused on the laptop model its the below link:

http://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-elitebook-folio-g1-notebook-pc/9764622/drivers

The Error:

It allows you to start the PXE Boot and tries to load up the boot.wim but fails and advises to install the correct NIC drivers for the network card being used.

(Which the above steps should have done)

Any helps or ideas would be extremely appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

http://www.virtuallyghetto.com/2016/11/usb-3-0-ethernet-adapter-nic-driver-for-esxi-6-5.html any help? i may be completly way off with this as im not sure about networking me self. Are you saying your trying to use winpe as well as windows 7 already installed? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.