Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I have a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook that I bought for my son for Christmas last year (2013) .

The laptop will power on, but a blue screen appears that says:

Your PC Needs to be Repaired

A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed.

Error code 0xc0000225

I can't get past this screen to do any kind of file repair.  I hold down the ESC key during power-on, and can get to the boot menu.  I press F11.  The next screen asks me what keyboard I want to use, I select US, and then the system tries to reboot and I end up back at the PC needs to be repaired screen.  

I can't past this screen.  It goes on a continual loop.  

Please help!

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Dear Customer

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

According to the error message you have posted I suspect there could be a hardware issue with your Notebook

It could be possible that the Hard Drive on the Notebook could be corrupted or it might have bad sectors

Please perform the Steps as shown below:-

1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook

2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu

3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab

4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory

Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages

Please click on the link shown below to find the steps involved in performing a Hard Drive Test

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00439024

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443317

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I work on behalf of HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you for your help.  

In previous attempts during start up, when I was pressing ESC, I did try pressing F10 for the BIOS, but I didn't know what to do there so exited.

After your post, I tried what you suggested and got to a different screen than I had ever seen before.

I pressed ESC during start up, pressed F10 and now see a screen that says InsydeH20 Setup Utility.   The menu options include Main, Security, System Configuration, and Exit.

I do not see any options for Advanced or Diagnostic tab.  

Under main, it provides the info on hte computer, such as model, product number, Born on Date, processor type, BIOS verion (which is F. 62) and BIOS vendor which is Insyde.  

Under security the options are for administrator password and power-on password (neither of which is required).

System Configuration is Language , Virtualization Technology, Card read power saving, and boot options.

I don't see anything about testsw to run on the hard drive and memory.

Any further advice?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook

2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu

3. Now press F2 for diagnostic test

Please reply to this post with the results

Regards,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you again for your continued help.

I did as you suggested, after hitting F2, I see a screen that says HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.  There are several menu options:  System Information, System Tests, Component Tests, Firmware Management, Test Logs, Language and Exit.

Under System Tests, there are two options:  Quick Test and Extensive Test.  I ran a quick test first, as it only takes 10-15 minutes (versus the 2-3 hours indicated under the Extensive Test).  

The computer passed the Quick Test.  Results:

Processor Check:  Passed

Memory Quick Check:  Passed

Hard Drive SMart Check:  Passed

Hard Drive Short DST check:  Passed

B attery Check:  OK (was plugged induring the test)

Wireless Module Check:  Passed

System Board Check:  Passed

There are many individual components that can be tested under the Component Test:  Processor, memory, hard drive, etc.  Do you suggest running any of those?

Under Firmware management, I can either update or rollback the version of the BIOS on the sytem.  When I select the option to Update the BIOS, I get a message that says " The selected BIOS image was not available.  You may select an alternate image file, or cancel the update.  This system's BIOS IS is F.62.  A signature file must also be available in the same directory"  It gives me an option to Select BIOS Image to apply, then says "Please Select File System" .  The only option given is SATA (0x0,0x0,0x0) Drive Partition 2, which I selected.  I then see a screen that says File Navigator, with the choices "..." , "boot", and "EFI".  I wasn't sure what to do after this, so returned to the main menu.

Should I go further down updating the BIOS?

Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Please update BIOS and let us know how it goes

Regards,

K N R K

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hello and Thank you again.

I updated the BIOS file.  After doing this, I was able to get to hit F11, select US as my keyboard language.  Then I saw a screen with the options Continue, Troubleshoot, or Shut down.  

I selected Troubleshoot, and then was given the options to Attempt to Repair PC, Reset PC, or Shutdown.  I tried to Reset PC, and got this message:  "Unable to reset your PC.  A required drive partition is missing"

Can this be repaired or is the hard drive corrupted?  If it corrupted, can it be repaired?  Or do I have to buy a new computer?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Please Contact HP if your HP Notebook is under warranty, HP would send Recovery media to restore factory operating system after replacement (if you've not yet created Recovery Discs/USB Media)

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I work on behalf of HP

I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.