Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm Sorry I have a question, I would like to know especify what did you reset?

It was the BIOS version ?

I'll appreciated your answer

Regards

HP Recommended

i have reset from iLo bois setting.

HP Recommended

In my case, I have opened a ticket with HP phone support, and we tried couple of things:

Upgrade ILO firmware, tried licence from the website, and another provided by the technician.  No luck.

Finally, few days later, they have send me an another serial number, and it is working now.

I had a good experience with the HP support technician, but it is sad to have to go through all those steps to make this working, should be pretty straight forward.

HP Recommended

I have experienced this issue on several servers now.

For me the fix has been to reset the iLO to Factory Default settings.

I guess this must reset a counter or some such to allow the Temporary license to be valid.

To reset the iLO watch the console screen during boot time and press F8 when the iLO BIOS shows on the screen,

From the first menu in the iLO console select Reset to Factory defaults.

HP Recommended

This also worked for me ML110 G7, iLO 3.

Only F8 factory reset from console works.

You can still use temp access via iLO console todo reset via F8.

Keep in mind after reset, you need original iLO password as on server/card!

HP Recommended

I had the same experience as above on my ML110 G7 iLO3.  Solution was to factory reset the iLO and then apply the license.  Particularly annoying because of course the factory reset switches the iLO NIC back to DHCP from the static address I had been using.

HP Recommended

Just setting up new Proliant DL360 G8 and had the same problem.  Doing the F8 iLO reset, then reentering key worked!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.