Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-30-2012 08:11 AM
In my case, I have opened a ticket with HP phone support, and we tried couple of things:
Upgrade ILO firmware, tried licence from the website, and another provided by the technician. No luck.
Finally, few days later, they have send me an another serial number, and it is working now.
I had a good experience with the HP support technician, but it is sad to have to go through all those steps to make this working, should be pretty straight forward.
09-07-2012 03:26 AM
I have experienced this issue on several servers now.
For me the fix has been to reset the iLO to Factory Default settings.
I guess this must reset a counter or some such to allow the Temporary license to be valid.
To reset the iLO watch the console screen during boot time and press F8 when the iLO BIOS shows on the screen,
From the first menu in the iLO console select Reset to Factory defaults.
09-25-2012 03:06 PM
I had the same experience as above on my ML110 G7 iLO3. Solution was to factory reset the iLO and then apply the license. Particularly annoying because of course the factory reset switches the iLO NIC back to DHCP from the static address I had been using.