cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
arslanmughal
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

External GPU

HP Recommended
HP Envy core i5 6th generation x360 convertable .
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey!

i'm using hp Envy x360 convertable core i5 6th generation ,and i want to run advance software for video edditng like Adobe primier pro .

i need help does the external gpu work with my laptop ?

and what are the experts suggesions for this i want Nvidia GTX 1080 or higher as my external GPU .because intel HD graphics 520 is useless for working with primer pro .

please let me know this fast 🙂

thanks !

Arslan.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,631 44,408 7,157 12,696
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We need your precise model number but the key is does the laptop have a usb-C port that is also Thunderbolt 3 compatible. Not sure any of the x360s with 6th gen processor do have such a thing. With a Thunderbolt 3 based eGPU (HP even makes one) you could run a GeForce GTX 1080 video card if you buy a lot of extra expensive hardware using the laptop as the CPU of a desktop-type setup. Otherwise it is a non-starter and you need to think in terms of doing your work with a different computer. 

Username_Omen
Level 4
100 85 1 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
@arslanmughal, click accept as solution if that answers your question
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation