Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 15n213tu
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
I need help ! Thanks in advance . . .
Well , my laptop cant't boot from hard disk , so i m using wintogo so that i can use windows but wintogo is not that much fast , repair shop owner told me that processor has gone week that is why it is not able to boot via hard disk
so i want to ask that is there any way like using external processor ? I don't want to buy a new mother board
thnx in advance 🙂
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Anshu204

A very warm welcome to the HP community. A very good day to you. 

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15-n213tu Notebook. I read that the laptop does not boot fro the internal hard drive that originally came the laptop. I also read that you were informed by a repair shop that the processor in your laptop is weak and therefore the laptop does not boot from the hard drive. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

An external processor cannot be used to boot a laptop. However, based on my understanding there is nothing like a weak processor. A processor is either good or defective (does not work). But it cannot be weak.

If your laptop does not boot from the internal hard drive then I suggest you to run a hardware test on it. The following steps will help:

• Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

• Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.

• The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

• Select component tests.

List of the Component tests

• Please initiate a test on the Hard Drive - There are six hard drive tests, and they can take from 10 minutes to 2 hours or more to complete.

To run the hard drive tests, follow the steps in Hard Drive Tests.

• You may also run a test on the processor.

I hope this information helps. Keep me posted for any further questions. Good luck!

HP Recommended
Sir , i have used hp hardware test ( i have downloaded it from hp official site , it was about 500 mb ) i that test ....... My processor testing Software tested it and after completing 90 % of the test it shows failed !
@MKazi , thnx sir for ur reply
my harddisk is at good condition ( I have tested it via seagate hdd test )

I also want to tell u that i am able to boot it via wintousb pendrive having windows 8.1 and it works pretty well , even i can play gta and prince of percia smoothly
the problem is in the processor 😞
HP Recommended

@Anshu204

You're welcome. 🙂

If the processor has failed then I suggest you to get the processor replaced. Yiu may reach out to our HP phone support to explore the hardware service options. 

Please click here to access the service manual for your laptop.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

HP Recommended
Motherboard needs to be replaced
but it cost Inr 12000
which is really expensive . . . . I want a less expensive method . . . .
my parents don't have that much money to buy me a new motherboard
HP Recommended

@Anshu204

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any.  You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends).  

Response times may vary by region. Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

HP Recommended
Sir , thank you for your efforts
how will hp contact me ? Via email ?
Sir , i am sure that they will tell me to buy a new mother board
well . . . Once again thank you sir !
I will accept your reply as the solution when i will come back to home from my grand mom house ! Hehe today is my birthday ..... Now i am 13 years old
well , thank u very much for your help
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.