cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
MaryMcC1997 Student
Student
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fan is loud and sometimes makes clicking noise

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

I have my laptop since december 2012. For a good while now the fan has been loud. Sometimes it makes a weird noise and its like it is going to break the noise can be a clicking noise and it ranges in sound for soft to loud. I was just wondering can my laptop be sent away to be fixed? 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,327 19,000 1,584 2,644
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Fan is loud and sometimes makes clicking noise

@MaryMcC1997
Welcome to the HP Forums,
I hope you're well 😉

As I understand the laptop is creating an excessive and a clicking noise,

Don't worry though as I have a few recommendations:

• Updating your Notebook computer BIOS
  • Keeping notebook air vents clear and clean
  • Increasing the efficiency of the notebook to reduce heat
  • Using Windows Task Manager to identify corrupt processes
  • Selecting power saves settings to shut off your computer when it is not in use

For more details: Click here

And here's a related post that has helped others with similar issues: Click here
(though the header is different, the steps will help fix the issue).

Let me know how that pans out,
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation