cancel

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ramdalg Top Student
Top Student
8 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Free windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit upgrade to 7 or 8

Hp Pavilion 8700
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi Sirs.

I'm looking how to upgrade my hp Hp Entertainment PC Hp Pavilion dv8700 from Vista to windows 7 or 8.(all this just because Microsoft Corporation stops supporting XP and Vista)

I need to know if my laptop is abkle to manage windows 7 or 8 ...would be better if 8 will run easy wthout giving me hard times, freezings and other problems.

And the best of all..., if there is a FREE downloading and installation link for windows 7 or 8.

Thanks

Awaiting for a fast and effective rersponse I remain,

Yours friendly.

-Simsmart-

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Provost Provost
Provost
16067 16011 1490 3561
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ramdalg

There are ten different models of the Pavilion 8700 -- we need to know which is yours.

There will be a sticker on it, probably on the bottom or in the batter compartment, that looks like one of these below:

HP Svce Labels-2.jpg

HP Svce Labels-3.jpg

Once we have the product number, I can check for HP Win7 drivers for it.

We can proceed when you provide the information.

Thanks

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
74918 74808 9141 19707
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Welcome to HP Support Forum. Please use the following tool to check your machine:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=20

I have not heard of any free upgrade but please try

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-get-windows-7-for-free-3633308/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation