Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP stream 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
I recently recieved a HP stream for Christmas and right since the beginning have had several problems with it. The issue is that every single time I use my laptop, without fail, it will freeze, not let me open the start button. This all starts when I either use inernent explorer or chrome. If I open internet explorer, nothing will load or open, despite being connected to wifi. With chrome it is worse, it will open and before it is even fully working it will freeze and say chrome is not repsonidng, I will then have to close the programme. This results in my laptop then not working; the start button Will not open when I click it, google chrome will not re-open and explorer still won't work. Then I will turn off my laptop as nothing is working and it will then not turn back on! This is not a wifi issue it is the laptop as it happens every single time! Please help
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @issymorgan28,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the computer freezes and does not allow you to work properly on your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few steps which should help to resolve this issue,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the PC?

Was there any update/reset interrupted, recently?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the Notebook

Run the System diagnostics test as well as an extensive test on the Hard drive and Memory from F2 (Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance)

Step 1: Unlock the unresponsive computer

Step 2: Update device drivers

Step 3: Update the BIOS

Step 4: Check and clean air vents to prevent overheating

Step 5: Scan for and remove viruses and malware

Step 6: Uninstall software to fix lockup or freeze problems

Step 7: Find more information about the software problem

Step 8: Using Microsoft System Restore

Step 9: Reset the computer

Step 10: Perform an HP System Recovery

For more details, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 😎 - Click here

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.