Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have an HP g6-1325sa had an issue that had to replace the fan.

However since then nothing will appear on the screen F12 has an orange light on and the caps lock continuously flashes every 2-3 seconds. This is not a blink code it does this continuously.
So far i have tried blocking the vents and leaving the laptop running for over an hour as I heard it can be caused by dry solder joints. I have also tried replacing the motherboard and have twice managed to get a cursor flashing on the screen however niether of these times could a normal boot happen as the HDD was disconnected on both of these occassions, the first time this happened i had just disconnected power and battery and held down power for 30 seconds, i'm guessing that was a cmos reset.

the only cause i can think of is that the processor was cooked when the fan was replaced but having already paid for another motherboard i'd like someone to confirm what it means when the caps lock blinks endlessly and if there is another way to repair it.

many thanks in advance for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved this in case anyone else sees the same behaviour.

Replaced CPU and it started posing straight away, it seems my predecessor cook the processor when they changed it's fan.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

To add to before i left the machine unplugged for an hour then did another cmos reset and then started it off AC power with the HDD in and instead of the flashing cursor got a message saying "press escape for start menu" however nothing happened when i pressed escape, this is the 2nd motherboard so i don't believe the issue could be in the bios. hope this rings bells for someone and they can tell me how they solved this issue

HP Recommended

Solved this in case anyone else sees the same behaviour.

Replaced CPU and it started posing straight away, it seems my predecessor cook the processor when they changed it's fan.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.