Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Compaq Presario A970EE,does anybody know which model level it is?Level 1,2,3 or 4?Can I install Windows 7 on it?Do I find the drivers for Windows 7 for my notebook?

HP Recommended

@Robepaul

Your model would be in Level 2. Intel Chipset,Intel Graphics, Conexant Audio,etc. Alternately,  a lot of your Vista drivers will probably work in W7.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi Cheryl,

you advised me the following

Choose your DV5T HERE and it will take you to your software/drivers page to see what is available to download. You also have a folder on C: drive titled SwSetup which has many of the original software installers.

so can I just make a copy of the SwSetup folder from my c drive and after I upgrade my DV5T-1000 I can install this folder back to my lapton and install these software?

also, would you recommend a clean install or an upgrade install?

Thanks

Jeff

HP Recommended

Yes you can copy the SwSetup folder to DVD and copy it back after installing 7. As for clean or upgrade_it is personal choice. I have tried both and both worked equally well. Clean install is more work since you have to reinstall a lot of software, but works better for some.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix the issue when you close your lid and open it back up you have to press the power button for it to resume to Windows. Is there a way to set it up so it just resumes when you open the lid as it was in Vista? I would also like to share that when I touch the quickplay button on my touch pad I got the full menu but once I go into either TV or Playlist everything locks up. Will quickplay every work normally with windows 7 or is this something that has to be dealt with? Are there internet explorer stability issues with windows 7? I've noticed my browser locks up a lot. Thank you for your time.

HP Recommended

Which video driver are you using? I had this issue when I'm using old Nvidia driver, however, work fine with Intel GMA.

Please post your GPU, Nvidia or Intel?

About QuickPlay, try version listed in this guide.

or

Try consider HP mediasmart, the successor of HP QuickPlay, its working well on notebook (see my sig)

The QuickPlay and DVD button can be set to launch any software you wish.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

Thanks for responding. I am using the Nvidia Ge Force 8400M GS Date 10/16/2010 Version: 8.17.12.6099. Also would you know why I have two fingerprint readers when windows starts? Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

I have tried installing the Quick Play version you have suggested and the same problem persists. Where can I download the mediasmart program you mentioned? Thank you.

HP Recommended

Uninstall the current Nvidia driver, reboot and install the latest one here (64bit) or here (32bit).

About MediaSmart here try it.

If you wish to install all, install HP MediaSmart SmartMenu after other software if not you need to reboot.

Download &extract attachment below, double click the registry file, choose the correct file 32bit or 64 bit.

The DVD button will launch HP mediasmart DVD software, while quickplay button will launch the smartmenu.

______

Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
HP Recommended

Thank you. Do I have to remove the quick launch buttons as well as quickplay before I go ahead and install all the mediasmart files?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.