Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, recently I received a HP notebook with windows 10 pre-installed (so i can't downgrade.)
I noticed since i first started up this computer after the setup process, it restated and then again within 5 minutes two more times- I dont know why!

I've had this Laptop for 5 days and its keeps constantly restarting with the occasional ERROR blue screen with different
errors each time. Sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes within a couple minutes, but it keeps restarting!! I don't know what to do- this is a new Laptop so i don't think its a hardware issue?

I'v heard its because of Win 10- i'v tried a couple things but nothing works- how can i fix this problem? Im really desperate, please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @yandayoshi,

Thanks for visiting the HP community. A very Good Day to you. 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I understand that you need assistance with the notebook restarting randomly. I’ll be delighted to assist you with this.

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue.

Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. 🙂 You’ve done some smart and awesome diagnosis also. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity, I would require more information regarding this:

• Did this happen after a power surge or power outage?
  • Did you perform complete hardware diagnostics on the notebook to eliminate hardware failure?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the notebook.

For a start let’s perform these troubleshooting steps:

• Please perform a hard reset on the notebook.
  • Please run complete system diagnostics on the computer.
  • If it passes please perform a system recovery to factory settings.
  • If it fails, please contact HP phone support to get the notebook serviced.

How to perform a hard reset:

How to run complete system diagnostics:

If diagnostics fail, please contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced. How to contact HP phone support:

• Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.
  • They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services is taken care of by the manufacturer’s warranty

If diagnostics pass, please perform a system recovery. How to perform system recovery:

Link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Please follow the option “Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly” from the link. This should work for you if the hardware is fully functional.

Please keep me posted. I will keep a watch for your reply. Please perform all the steps diligently and patiently as this should do the trick for you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. 🙂

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.  🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.