Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@ ScottBrooks

So I installed my standard spinning hard drive again and reinstalled the 3D hard drive protection software and it still only recognizes one drive.

I don't understand any of this at all : Your quote :

"I bet HP DataGuard is just looking at the drives S.M.A.R.T value for G-sense error rate. (G-force from a built in accelerometer) If the drive supports the variable then HP DataGuard reports supported. If not, then HP DataGuard reports nothing or not supported".

I tried to install DiskSmart, but I could not find the download amongst all the advertising and pop-ups. I am not even sure what I would accomplish running that software anyway.

If you have the time any more help here would be much appreciated to elaborate on your explanation.

Thank You  :generic:

HP Recommended

There is a Technical White Paper from HP called

"HP Notebook Hard Drives & Solid State

Drives

Identifying, Preventing, Diagnosing and

Recovering from Drive Failures

Care and Maintenance Measures"

You can find it at http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02876562.pdf 

If you look on page 5 at the chapter "HP 3D Drive Guard" you will find a litte notice at the end stating:

Note:

The 3D Drive Guard is not needed for SSD drives, but it does not harm or in any way damage

an SSD if installed.

This should answer the question. By the way - i had the same....

HP Recommended

Hi @ScottBrooks ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. I'm sorry to inform you that your post has needed some editing to remove personal information such as the Serial Number. From our Rules of Participation:

Protect privacy - yours and others'. Don't share anything about yourself that you would not want to see on a road-side billboard. Don't post contact or other personal information-your own or anyone else's-or any content that you receive in one-to-one communications without the author's consent. For example, don’t post your computer’s serial # or contact information publicly, and do not allow someone you don’t know to remotely take control of your computer.

If you need people to contact you directly, either ask them to send you a private message or subscribe to the thread so you will be notified when there are replies. You may also click on your name anywhere in the forum and you will be taken to your profile page, where you can find a list of threads you have participated in.

Sharing personal email addresses, telephone numbers, and last names is not allowed for your safety. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message in reply.

Thank you
George

I work for HP
HP Recommended

dear sir/ medam

HP 3D DriveGuard Needed or Recommended for SSD Drive?

HP Recommended

If you read my post you will find a quote from an HP manual: HP 3D DriveGuard is not needed for SSD's but does not harm either.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.