Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I apprichiate your diligence 🙂

I've tried this one too, not working 😞

I dont know what happened, win 7 32 ultimate bit were been installed and everything worked very well. It's just a newer version of win 7 ultimate.

HP Recommended

OK...

Let's try one more thing...

First I will need some info from the video controller.

Click on the video controller needing the driver, and post the hardware ID for it.

Use this guide after you click on the video controller to find the window where the hardware ID can be found.

http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID

I have to do some other things, and when I get back, we will try one last ditch effort to get the driver installed.

HP Recommended

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A12&SUBSYS_3618103C&REV_0C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A12&SUBSYS_3618103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A12&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A12&CC_0300

Hy! There are the hardware ID

I have to tell, that after installing the Intel driver you suggested, seems like everithing is OK, but the reality is that nothing different like before. So, in the device manager/display adapters show like the driver is ok.

but in device manager there is an "other devices" and in there is an "unknown device" which I have no idea what is. The hardware ID of this is:

ACPI\HPQ0006
*HPQ0006

HP Recommended

Hi:

If the video driver is properly installed when you go to the device manager, and click to expand the Display Adapters category you will see an Intel Graphics adapter listed.

If you see an Intel Graphics adapter listed, then it is what it is.

If the driver is not installed, you will see a Standard VGA adapter listed.

If you see a Standard VGA adapter listed, then let me know and I will give you another method to try to install the Vista graphics driver.

The driver you need for the ACPI\HPQ0006 is this one:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=3357378&sp...

HP Recommended

Hy! Thank you for everything!

Finally I've installed Vista, and the driver for Vista, but sadly I still have the problem with the video playing. It can be a hardware problem as I think. What you say? 🙂 Anyway, the best way if I go into a service.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes I think it is something that we can't solve at our level if you have now installed Vista and the graphics driver still does not work.

You may want to consider getting a new or refurbished notebook because if it is a hardware problem the only way to fix it is to replace the motherboard.

That would be a waste of money in my opinion to invest in an outdated model.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.