Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Have a five month old chromebook 14-q015sa which will lose connection to wifi every few hours.

Once it loses the signal I cant find my home wifi again until I reboot the chromebook.

The router works fine with all other devices and the chormebook has lost the signal in other locations too.

Is it hardware, software or drivers issue?

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hello Kevowen,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand the Chromebook loses connectivity to wireless networks. Please ensure you try all the steps in this Google document: Diagnose connectivity issues

Please let me know if this helps. Thanks!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Nope. Nothing sorted.

When the connection drops I cant join onto a mobile network either. Cant find the network (same as the wifi cant find my home router!)

HP Recommended

I have this same issue with HP Pavilion 14-c015dxChromebook.

This is obviously a hardware issue and not a software issue. Where's a fix?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my HP Chromebook.. any solution yet?

HP Recommended

Still not resolved. 

Although now it seems to happen differently.

Wifi does drop but still shows the icone as being connected. 

Only way to get back to working is to disconnect and reconnect.

Have no other problems with any other devices connecting to the router.

HP Recommended

I have no solution.

Chromebook support is supposed to email me back.

HP Recommended

Is there a fix for this issue yet?  My Chromebook was performing great until the latest update (~1st of Feb 2015) and now wireless drops pretty regularly.  Maintains connection, but "resolving host..." for a minute or so, wireless loses connection, re-establishes for 20-30 minutes, repeats.  Router has been rebooted, NONE of the other 25+ wireless devices on my home network are losing connections.

HP Recommended

My issue is the same as thatof TeeDub65.

Very frequent drop outs, no other devices having issues, all since the update this month.

Any solutions or suggestions?

HP Recommended

No worries Hawkspur.  I am about to escalate the lack of response on this forum.

Alas, I am an HP employee, purchased this product from my company and am not happy with the lack of response this forum is receiving.

I can't promise anything, of course, but I can promise the lack of attention to the complaints will become visible to HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.