Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Just installed the latest win 8.1 version provides from this post and it just installs great. Without any issues so far:-)

HP Recommended

Just upgraded my  HP 450 G2  laptop  to windows 10.   My fingerprint software was not compatible and  I unstalled it.

after upgrade to windows 10 fingerprint acces was dead. 

I installed  new drivers for:  Fingerprint  with   HP sp66915  and installed scm SP71565  version 8.3.12.1991. and it works.

Windows 10 with finger authentication  at logon and more 🙂 

HP Recommended

Hi there,

The links you provided have somehow expired with HP.

Could you please try link again and repost.

I would like to try hp71565 over my current version (8.39.19533) that dosen't quite work.

Thanks,

-zed

HP Recommended

@Converted007 wrote:

Just installed the latest win 8.1 version provides from this post and it just installs great. Without any issues so far:-)

What version is it and could you please post the link?

HP Recommended

@xee2001 wrote:

Hi there,

The links you provided have somehow expired with HP.

Could you please try link again and repost.

I would like to try hp71565 over my current version (8.39.19533) that dosen't quite work.

Thanks,

For those of you (probably Canadians) where the posted links don't work.. I Found this ftp://hpcomllb9.houston.hp.com/ftp4/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/ for sp71565.

Logoon to computer works without issue but I can't get CSM to popup the secure site icon using Microsoft Edge. Chrome does not work either.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem . 

I can't upgrade to Windows 10 , becouse I can't uninstall HP Client Security becouse I can't stop 

HP Drive Encryption . 

My HDD is Samsung SSD 840 EVO

My current version of

HP Client Security Manager ver. 8.3.12.1991

HP Drive Encryption ver. 8.6.16.42

When I start HP Client Security Manager and go to Drive Encryption to stop drive encryption I see this screen:

I haven't any choice to disable encryption. All control are disabled . I wait about 3 days and still nothing to do ... 

Picture1.JPG

HP Recommended

ZBook 17 G2 K4K44UT

HDD Samsung SSD 840 Pro

I had zero problems going from 8.1Pro to windows 10Pro but then I wasnt using drive encription so maybe that helped?

Steps:

>Did a backup using the Backup and Restore feature in CSM.

>Deleted my spare key

>Deleted any regestered finger prints

>Uninstalled CSM

>Upgraded to windows 10

>Uninstalled fingerprint reader driver

>Installed new windows 10 fingerprint driver

>Installed CSM 8.3.12.1991 SP71565

>Ran CSM re-enrolled my finger prints

>Setup spare key

>Restored passwords

>Rebooted to test > worked perfectly

HP Recommended

Hi, could you please provide the link for the latest CSM version download? Thank you.

HP Recommended

**Newer version available - see post on next page**

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72449.exe

HP Client Security Manager VERSION: 8.3.12.1991
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP71565.exe

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71565.exe

Release notes:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71565.html

HP Recommended

Thank you @_Brad_, but installer stops after begin !

Ok, it starts after 5 minutes (really) 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.