cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
stepap
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HP Cloud Recovery (Windows 10)

HP Recommended
Probook 430 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I downloaded HP Cloud Recovery (Windows 10) for my computer (HP Probook 430 G4) and tested it, however it doesn't work as a proper recovery media.

When booting from it (USB stick), Windows 10 installation starts, with no other options available. There nothing such as "Factory reset". So no way to have the hard drive erased and partitioned as per factory settings.
Also, I can see there are drivers and apps from HP on the USB stick, but they don't get installed with Windows. So what I get in the end is just a clean installation of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (as of May 3rd, 2017).

Is that the way it is supposed to work? That's not a recovery disk at all...

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation