Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Presario CQ40-314TU

Hello,

I have a HP Compaq Presario CQ40-314TU Notebook. Currently, Windows Vista is installed on the notebook. I am planning to upgrade the notebook to Windows 7 Professional Edition. However, when I searched for drivers for Windows 7, I did not find any on HP website. I searched as follows:

1. Visited http://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Entered Compaq Presario CQ40-314TU Notebook PC in the search box

3. Selected Software and Drivers from the left menu

4. Clicked Go

5. Selected Windows in the Operating system dropdown list

6. In the Version dropdown list, I only had two options; Windows Vista (32-bit) and Windows Vista (64-bit). Even selecting one of these options displays:

No software or drivers are available for this product with the selected operating system. Please make a different selection, or visit the product homepage.

Please tell me the link for installing drivers for this notebook for Windows 7 Professional Edition.

Regards,

Aziz

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

As you can see, no available link for Windows 7. Please run Windows 7 updates FEW TIMES then post back missing driver(s).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks banhien.

I have not started installing Windows 7 Professional as yet. I have drivers of CQ40 for Windows Vista that I installed with the Vista operating system installation. What I understand is I can go ahead with Windows 7 installation and run windows 7 update few times and the drivers will be installed by windows 7 update. Please confirm.

Also, can I install windows vista CQ40 drivers that I have with me in windows 7 professional edition?

Regards,

Aziz

HP Recommended

Thanks.

I installed Windows 7 Professional Edition with Service Pack 1 (32-bit). I did not need driver installation as all drivers were available when I checked Device Manager after installation. However, I found an entry in the Device Managaer with the name other devices. When I expanded this node, there were three entries with the name Base System Device showing marks for unavailablitiy of drivers. I am not sure which devices these entries refer to and how to get the drivers for these entries.

Regards,

Aziz

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.