Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, 

please, somebody, anybody... can you upload HP CoolSense 1.0 for me ? Windows 7, 64 bit. Coolsense 2.0 onwards is useless and I NEED the QUIETEST mode back ! 

thanks a lot. 

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Is it that hard to find the program your looking for? or did you just want to take the easiest route? did you also do your research on coolsense 1.0 and will it work on your machine without any other supporting software/programs.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02638953

Do have a read before you go downloading and installing.

HP Compaq 6730B Business Notebook
Intel Duo Core P8600
Hyundai SSD
Crusial DDR2 4GB Value Select Ram
Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN
Win 10 64 bit

Pavilion 17-e188sd Notebook PC
AMD E1-2500 Radeon 8200
Samsung SSD EVO 840
Corsair DDR3 8192 MB RAM
QC 802.11bgn/BT/Win 8.1 64 bit

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I have tried super hard to find DOWNLOAD link on HP CoolSense 1.0 - no sucess. I came across the link you have attached many times, but it is not helpful for me. I just need installation files. Nothing else. 

HP Recommended

Sir I do apologize for not being clear enough but and i think you didnt read through that sight properly so I think this way should be easier:

HP CoolSense 1.0 came as part of the HP Support Assistant (also known as HP Thermal Assistant) software on some Windows 7 computers. Later, it was removed from HP Support Assistant version 7 through an automatic update to HP Support Assistant software. If your computer still has HP CoolSense 1.0 as part of HP Support Assistant, you can use these steps for configuration. However, it is recommended to update HPSA to the latest version and then install the latest version of HP CoolSense to bring your computer up to date.

HP CoolSense 1.0 works on supported models and is installed as part of HP Support Assistant. It is not possible to install HP CoolSense 1.0 separately.

HP CoolSense 1.0 (HP Thermal Assistant) was designed to run as part of earlier versions of HP Support Assistant. After updating to later versions of HP Support Assistant, HP CoolSense 1.0 may stop working. 

Please take note to the embolded sections and underlined sentences to get a better grasp the serverity of your request. Heck maybe it is possible but you might have to go through a tech. for that to happen. 

Intel Duo Core P8600
Hyundai SSD
Win 10 64 bit

AMD E1-2500 Radeon 8200
Samsung SSD EVO 840
Corsair DDR3 8192 MB RAM

HP Recommended

This will probably answer my question. I found Support Assistant from 2011, lets see if it got CoolSense attached. Thanks

HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

OK. Does anybody know how to deal with this ? 

Clearly uninstalling previous HP Support assistant is not enough. Cleaning registry with CCleaner, Auslogics and TuneUp either. 
There are still leftovers in registry !! 

I am utterly disappointed with HP software ! It's not only the most bloated, unoptimised software on the planet... it clearly even CAN'T UNINSTALL itself without severely bloating registry !! 

Good hardware, nice ideas... but the HP sofware department is failing totally !! 

HP Recommended

Running msiinstaller helped. 

But the problem is not solved. Old Support Assistant from 2011 (SP54373) contains just a stupid, useless application. My work relies on SILENT laptop. Now, after reinstall, I am not able to reclaim the functionality I have paid for. Even after spending 20+ hours on finding solution on your websites and beyond. 

Thank you HP. This is it. Life is too short to trust you again. 

HP Recommended

If your device is having hardware issues i dont think coolsense was ever the answer you were looking for, when was the last you updated your graphics card, bios or even cleaned out your vents for the device? adjusting your power settings in the control pannel to balanced sometimes helps with noise reduction and also in your devices graphics settings. checking the amount of heat that is being dispursed from your device also gives clues as to what steps or actions you have to take in order to resolve such issues with your device.

If your device is turned and in idel doing nothing at all and your fans start rampng up then there is either a driver issue or a hardware issue that needs your attention. Using your device in a slight elevated postion oppossed to a flat surface or area that has some kinda cloth (bed/lap/couach) are some of the ways to decrease excessive accumilation. 

And if all eles fails send your device in for service.

Intel Duo Core P8600
Hyundai SSD
Win 10 64 bit

AMD E1-2500 Radeon 8200
Samsung SSD EVO 840
Corsair DDR3 8192 MB RAM

HP Recommended

Thank you for your input. But I maintain my laptop (dv7 6110ec) regularly. When fan turns itself on in IDLE / light cpu tasks, it is still very quiet. It happens when CPU cross over 55 degrees Celsius - which is 50% of time. 
While Coolest mode in Coolsense turned on, the treshold changes to 60 degrees, which is much more practical, because most of the time the temperature gets around 55 degrees - which in standard (High Performance) mode means frequent fan off / fan on cycles. 

Why is this such a problem for me ? Because I use the laptop for recording sessions in studio. A little fan noise is not a problem at home - but the microphones catch even the slightest amount of noise - so turning off fans completely is crucial for my work. 

HP Recommended

Then isnt it safe to assume that your device is in need of service? And to be real with you i think for studio work or recording i would choose a totally different brand thats my personal opinion, as well versed as HP products are they are no substitute for a device dedicated to a specific task. 

Intel Duo Core P8600
Hyundai SSD
Win 10 64 bit

AMD E1-2500 Radeon 8200
Samsung SSD EVO 840
Corsair DDR3 8192 MB RAM

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.