Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G3 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a vicious cycle happening. When I go through the process of updating Windows 10, it stops and says I need to remove HP Drive Encryption to finish the process. If I try to uninstall HP Drive Encryption I get the message that I have to uninstall HP Client Security Manager to proceed. When I try to uninstall HP Client Security Manager I get the message that I have to uninstall HP Drive Encryption first.

What is the solution here and how can HP allow such a situation to exist?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Silvery

The following may help:

The latest version of HP Client Security includes several improvements, including a previous fix as noted in Revisions History:

(Previous) Version: 8.3.17.2042 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an issue on a system that has been updated to Windows 10 where subsequent updates cannot install properly.
- Fixes an issue on a system that has been updated to Windows 10 where subsequent updates cannot uninstall properly. - Provides an improved user interface.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks, but sadly, went through the process of installing the fix twice, still hasn't solved the problem. I get the same message.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.