cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Silvery
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP Drive Encryption Interference

HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G3 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a vicious cycle happening. When I go through the process of updating Windows 10, it stops and says I need to remove HP Drive Encryption to finish the process. If I try to uninstall HP Drive Encryption I get the message that I have to uninstall HP Client Security Manager to proceed. When I try to uninstall HP Client Security Manager I get the message that I have to uninstall HP Drive Encryption first.

What is the solution here and how can HP allow such a situation to exist?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Dragon-Fur
Level 16
Level 16
30,793 30,497 2,789 10,223
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Silvery

The following may help:

The latest version of HP Client Security includes several improvements, including a previous fix as noted in Revisions History:

(Previous) Version: 8.3.17.2042 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixes an issue on a system that has been updated to Windows 10 where subsequent updates cannot install properly.
- Fixes an issue on a system that has been updated to Windows 10 where subsequent updates cannot uninstall properly. - Provides an improved user interface.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You!

Answered? Click my post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Silvery
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks, but sadly, went through the process of installing the fix twice, still hasn't solved the problem. I get the same message.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation