Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Funny that HP has a "Support" department , yet has no clue to what their purpose is.  It appears they are programed to  provide service that is not helpful then immediately erase incident from their memory so that they have no idea how many people they have not served with the exact same problem.  I'm continuing to email my complaints while researching  options to have HP be accountable for the hinge design that  many customers (not just one) have brought to HP support and have not been properly assisted.  

I had my envy hinge repaired for 177.09 which was negotiated from a higher quote orginally offered by HP rep. Shipping included. They asked me to list all issues, and called to tell me the hinge was repaired but  they couldn't recreate the other issues and would keep it longer.  Which at time, I needed my computer and had them just send it back with my new hinge.

So if there is anyway you can afford the repair, you should because the longer you wait, your key board starts going wacky, and your laptop overheats, and then you really are rendered useless. I know they know I'm not satisfied because of emails to head of the department and support contacting me, yet they act like they are being helpful. It must be the memory erasing they all suffer from.  And being that my memory is intact, I will continue to refresh their memory and the forum, regardless of the outcome. It's my right. 

HP Recommended

I appreciate your suggestion and will attempt to proceed with an excel spreadsheet. Much better than my idea of counting complaints in forum. Which will be interesting as I admit I have been tech challenged at times.:womanembarrassed:

HP Recommended

@SusanDale   So sorry to hear that HP is not going to work with you, even though you are so recently out of warranty.  I was really hoping they were coming around. 

If you have the time and energy....  you can continue to fight.  There are higher escalation teams to get to, if you continue to push and complain.  It has been helpful for other to post online in social media....  I got results from posting to the facebook page (hp's), and a friend of mine suggested posting regularly (hourly or daily) on Twitter as it is much more public in nature than Facebook.  And, I began posting daily on here..... 

Also, I paid for the repair.... after I made noise, they called me and reversed the charges......

Good Luck, if you choose to fight....

Mike

HP Recommended

Thanks. I did escalate but have not had a reply.  Its a shame.  I am typing this on my HP computer.  After seeing first hand the issues with products and services, I am reluctant to buy another HP.  Thanks, all.

HP Recommended

After 3 weeks of waiting, still no news from HP. not even an email or a call.

Thank you HP for your incredible help. 

So I fixed my computer by myself. following more or less the suggestions I found here: https://hpfaultyhinge.wordpress.com

thank you to the author (I can't find his name). it works. thanks a lot.

I spent about 15 euros. 

I will remember this next time I need to buy a computer. I don't know what computer I will buy, but I'm pretty sure about the computer I WILL NOT BUY.

thank you HP. Really.

HP Recommended

...well, I didn't get any news from HP on how to fix my computer, true, but I've earned a least a new badge for posting 3 useless replies and being responsive! in this forum.

So I know that at least someone has been responsive in this monlogue with HP...

HP Recommended

@SerGio84   ...  congrats on fixing your own computer....  That tutorial is excellent if that is how your particular hinge is failing....   unfortunately, it appears HP made several design flaws in different ways....  so that would not have fixed mine.  Mine is the 15, not the 17, so that may be the difference.  Mine fails in the lower half and the screen side is fine.

Anyway....  I commend your skills .. at least you know it's fixed for good now!  And....  I agree with you about HP's silly badge reward system.... here I was cutting down their customer service at every turn, trying to inform Envy owners and future laptop owners about just how customer un-friendly they are... and they're giving me googy kudos and badges like I'm in 3rd grade.  Sheesh.

Mike

HP Recommended

PATHETIC!!

If they have a known problem, they should fix it!!!!

HP Recommended

Ya think? HP must stand for HOW PATHETIC!  Even better is the way support likes to rub in the fact you should have called before warrenty expired.  And extended warrenty could have prevented having to pay for repair. But the most PATHETIC thing from HP customer (non) support is the way they try to convince customer the damage is something caused by mis use by customer even as same issue is constantly added to forum daily. HOW PATHETIC that they think we are stupid and fall for the lies they tell.  HP = HOW PATHETIC

HP Recommended

Hi SerGio84, that (https://hpfaultyhinge.wordpress.com/) would have been my post, glad it worked out for you! :generic:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.