Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hp envy TouchScrren is cracked, wish to turn the touchscreen feature off permanantly but changing device manager human interaces does NOT work any other solutions, this laptop is unusable at this point plz help

HP Recommended

Hi @sadasdada,

Good Day! Thanks for posting your question in the HP Community. 🙂   Hope you are doing well.:) I reviewed the post about the cracked touchscreen having issues. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb troubleshooting and brilliant diagnosis of the issue before posting. 🙂 Kudos to you on that score. 🙂

You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with a customer with such technical competence. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I’ would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# of the unit.
  • As the display is cracked why do you need to disable the touch feature as it has nothing to do with viewing the screen?

• The software Human interface device being disabled will not help if the screen is cracked as this is only a software feature to disable touchscreen feature in windows.

• As the screen is cracked, the touch sensors are pressing against the screen membrane and causing irregular screen touches without any human intervention.
  • For now, if the unit is a notebook and has an HDMI port, you could connect the computer to a TV or an external screen using an HDMI cable and use it as a regular PC.
  • This is a good workaround till you get the cracked touchscreen fixed.

If you want to get the touchscreen fixed and it is under warranty with a valid accidental protection plan then please contact HP phone support by following these steps.

• Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
  • Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
  • Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number, Case number and phone number appear.
  • They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the factory warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.  🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After months of suffering with the ghost touches on my hp All In One, I finally was fed up and open this mother up.  Here's the absolute way to permanently disable the touch screen on an hp Envy. The particular model I have is the Envy 27" P021. I would say this is moderately easy, and I hope my instructions will make it easy for you.

Posted here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-permanently-disable-touc...

IMG_0013.JPG

IMG_0011.JPG

HP Recommended

Thanks for this. Just unplugged mine. For anybody wondering whether to do this, it was easy (less than 15 minutes) and finally fixed the problem once and for all. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.