Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HIand horansky:

I hope you  enjoyed your weekend!

I understand that after installing the driver, your wireless button does not turn on. After reading the previous post some people found that using the shift key  plus f12 turned it on. Another person said they resolved it by changing a setting in the bios, so it did not require a fn key combination to turn it off and on.

Have you tried running the HP support assistant, to try and  automatically locate any issue and aid in  resolving them .  click here

I am sending you a link to a document on "Some Function Keys or Keyboard Shortcuts Do Not Work Correctly with Windows 7"  click here.  There is a link to a Microsoft document on this issue.

As you provided your model number I am providing you a link to the driver download page for your model.click here. Select your operating system and click next. It will list all the drivers for you system.

Is the wireless working and the light is just not functioning or are you unable to connect.  When I was researching, I noticed that one person had the same issue but he stated it was working, he was just not able to toggle on and off from the button. For your convenience I am sending the link to the general troubleshooting page for your pc  click here.  Please let me know your results.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information.

I resolved it quite awhile ago.  Took it to Office Depot Tech Support and they pushed the right keys and it turned on.

Not exactly sure what she did but it has worked ever since.

HP Recommended
Hi
I have a problem, I have a G62 HP laptop and I don't know if it has WIFI or not. If it does can I please get assistance on how to enable it please
HP Recommended

@sylentwitness "I know this is silly but do not use the 'Function (fn)" key with f12.  Instead, use the "ctrl" key with f12.  Why HP, why?  I just spent a few hours on this and it was that simple.  They use the ctrl key instead of the fn key to do all the extra stuff up on those f keys."

Thanks man, that worked. :generic:

HP Recommended

Pressing F12 and holding it down for a few seconds did the trick for me. Did not have to use function, ctrl, shift, or go to extremes by changing BIOS.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.