Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP JumpStart has not been able to do what it does ever. This is a brand new Envy first booted on Monday, 07/24/2017.

Immediately after the initial boot and a few "get things ready" steps, and log into my long existing Windows account, Windows 10 Home decided that it was time RIGHT THEN to pickup the Windows 10 Creator Upgrade. No apps had been installed and nothing except some browsing in MS Edge had been done. There was little "obvious" choice. After about 4 hours I was able to log in again.

HP Support Assistant found some updates that were needed to fix a few known issues MS Creator causes. (acceleratordll.dll for example).  The BIOS update when into a loop where it was "succeeding" but not really. The fix for that was to uninstall HP Support Assistant (couldn't be done because it was not in the list of installed apps), download the setup, and install it again.  Blind install over the existing one fixed HP Support Assistant and the BIOS update issue next attempt.  HP Support Assistant seems OK, and even my other laptops are now showing up in it.

HP JumpStart on the other hand is not. I strongly suspect MS Creator has made a mess of this app  just as it did HP Support Assistant.  I do not yet know what else might be screwed since this is a brand new laptop.

What might be some suggestions to get it going? Is it needed? 

Capture121.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

HP JumpStart does the same thing on my 3 month old Spectre X360. I had never tried to open it till seeing your post so I assume nothing critical there and I haven't a clue if Creator Update broke it or if it was already broken.

I am not going to worry about it since I haven't had a "need" to open it before now. :generic:

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I am just installing my ne HP Pavilion Notebook and I have the same problem.

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem...months after other reported it. But no answers or suggestions have been provided.

HP Recommended

faceing the same problem need some help from hp

HP Recommended

@chetan12patil

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: https://hp.care/2rSuDJS;

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

Have you attempted a system restore?

Did you run a hardware test on the computer using the F2 key during a restart?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: https://hp.care/2BL9omi

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was in need MONTHS ago.

It's obvious from your post that you didn't read the previous posts, and don't understand the issue. I assume riddle_deciphier is a bot responder, and not an actual support agent, so there is that.

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

Yes. All the steps suggested from other posts, including the ones at the link provided.

When was the last time it worked without these issues?
Never, not once, on a BRAND NEW machine. After the first time log in and network/internet connection I was prompted....forced...to upgrade to Windows 10 Creator Edition. No way to back out. I didn't have a chance to run JumpStart before this upgrade was forced on a BRAND NEW MACHINE.

Have you attempted a system restore?
IT WAS  A BRAND NEW MACHINE. Would not restoring braing it back to the initial state THAT DIDN'T WORK? So, no, I did not do a system restore. I didn't feel like going through the Windows 10 Upgrade again. That upgrade took hours. Why would I want to go through that just to get an app like JumpStart to run?

My own problem has been solved. How? By uninstalling the JumpStart app.

This thread is still active. Why? Because others are having this problem. I hope one of them will pipe in and help find a solution.

HP Recommended

@KellyCraven

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I understand how this looks, however, I needed to test if you aren't a bot, before I could get real!

That said, the standard response addresses most issues & helps obtains more information about what we are dealing with, which is why I sent it...(Besides it was intended towards the new post, as it recently caught my attention) but I'll be more than happy to help you too (if need be)

Although, considering you aren't a bot, here's what I need you to do:

(If you've already gone through the link I attached and you know all about "Using the HP Jumpstart")
You should also know by now that:
 HP JumpStart guides you through a multi-step welcome process that includes HP Registration, McAfee registration, HP Dropbox offer activation, and an HP JumpStart Concierge screen with tips to help you personalize your computer and install apps.

If you have any issues in the future, regarding the same, you may want to make use of the HP Recovery media to install a fresh copy of windows on your device as it's possible the one installed was corrupt and the same had been causing these issues:

If you've not been able to create your own recovery media ( https://hp.care/2vmHBpU ) you can order one using this link: https://hp.care/2qP2Lqh

I know this process will take the device back to factory defaults, but the fresh copy will resolve this issue.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.