Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hello sir, am have a problem like that my hp displays ''invalid serial number'' on start up and would shut down while trying to load windows, what should i do?
HP Recommended
its a compaq hp 620
HP Recommended

Does doing a hard reset clear any of the laptops stored information, pictures, photos etc??

The laptop boots till the windows screen comes on, then shuts down. I dont want to lose the hundreds of wedding photos!!!

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance

HP Recommended

my  hp laptops  switches off while booting

how can i solve this hope it aint about chips

HP Recommended

I had the same problem on my HP laptop. Laptop shut down after the first boot, but it succesfully boots the next time I turn it on (I'm using Windows 10).

I used the method mentioned (in the last comment of page 2 of this discussion) and the problem is solved!

I just registered here to thank Sunny09 and to complete his answer:

If you are facing the same problem, you should mannualy create a shutdown shortcut on your desktop and shut your laptop once a day using that shortcut. If you don't know how to do it, read the following lines.

To create a "shutdown shortcut" on your desktop, right click somewhere on the desktop => Click New => Shortcut

Windows then asks you the location of the shortcut. Copy and paste this in the field:

Shutdown.exe -s -t 00

Click next and then finish. You will see the shutdown.exe shortcut on your desktop.

To solve your problem, try to shutdown your computer once in a day using the shutdown shortcut you have just created.

I hope it helps!

HP Recommended

I was also facing the same issue . 

As said by Sunny009 I used to hibernate when I had heavy softwares like Android Studio running . 

So since it couldnt boot Windows it would clear the memory by shutting down . 

Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended
Am using hp probook series 4530s have done the"hard reset" that is the 30secs power press but the battery is charging and the hp logo still remain on the screen forever and not booting. Please help me
HP Recommended
Hi would this hard reset erase all my pictures and apps too
HP Recommended
Hi would this hard reset erase my pictures and data
HP Recommended

just disable dual core in bios and make it single core ..it works fine

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.