Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

If you start from scratch and attempt to modify the stock ATI drivers on your own, the project is complicated and long.  But if someone provided you with detailed instructions and stable mod drivers, the process is just long...though fairly easy.  Plus, not only do you up with significantly improved graphics & video performance but the other fundamental updates--BIOS, chipset, storage (ie. hard drives), & Net framework--improve the overall performance of your HP Notebook PC.  

These little HP Pav Core i5 notebooks have an amazing amount of hidden power potential.  They perform well enough 'as is' from HP.  But if you do a clean install with a retail OS, use a few different key drivers other than the medicore ones provided by HP, and do a few system performance tweaks, the souped-up HP Pav Core i5 becomes a Corvette....especially if you switch out the stock HD with a Seagate Momentus XT and bump RAM to 8 Gb (about a $150 upgrade total).  Then as a finishing touch, install a utility called Process Lasso...and set the utility to performance mode.   

In the end, my HP Pav i5 cost less than $1000 after the HD & RAM upgrade...and it benchmarks as well as so-called custom builds costing around $2400.

The point is that updating, upgrading, & tweaking a good PC like the HP Pav pays off handsomely.

HP Recommended

The same goes for my computer. I got it decked out with 8gb of ram and an amd quadcore for certain applications.

It has good proccessing, but the graphics never work how i need it to cuz of the drivers.

HP Recommended

heres an example i found of crysis running on similair stats. I can only guess its tweaked to run this well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b904OAImV5U

HP Recommended

Hey, I've been looking everywhere for a way to solve this problem and came across your post. I am definitely interested in the ATI mods. I knew I needed to update the BIOS, chipset, .net framework, and rapid storage tech driver but couldn't figure out what to do next.

HP Recommended

Hello,

This driver is intended for the following ATI Mobility Radeon video cards and it was moded with the ATI Catalyst video drivers v11.8 WHQL.

"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470" = ati2mtag_ManhattanP, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&SUBSYS_1448103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 " = ati2mtag_ManhattanP_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&SUBSYS_144A103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470  " = ati2mtag_ManhattanP, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&SUBSYS_1449103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470   " = ati2mtag_ManhattanP_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&SUBSYS_144B103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470    " = ati2mtag_ManhattanP_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E0&SUBSYS_149C103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650" = ati2mtag_Manhattan_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_144A103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 " = ati2mtag_Manhattan, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_1448103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650  " = ati2mtag_Manhattan, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_1449103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650   " = ati2mtag_Manhattan_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_144B103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650    " = ati2mtag_Manhattan_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_149C103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5850" = ati2mtag_Manhattan, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68A1&SUBSYS_144D103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370" = ati2mtag_ManhattanP, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E4&SUBSYS_1639103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370 " = ati2mtag_ManhattanP_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E4&SUBSYS_163C103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370  " = ati2mtag_ManhattanP, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E4&SUBSYS_163A103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370   " = ati2mtag_ManhattanP_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E4&SUBSYS_163D103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370    " = ati2mtag_ManhattanP_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E4&SUBSYS_163E103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6370     " = ati2mtag_ManhattanP, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68E4&SUBSYS_163B103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550" = ati2mtag_Manhattan, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_1639103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550 " = ati2mtag_Manhattan_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_163C103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550  " = ati2mtag_Manhattan, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_163A103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550   " = ati2mtag_Manhattan, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_163B103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550    " = ati2mtag_Manhattan_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_163E103C
"ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6550     " = ati2mtag_Manhattan_PXAI, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_163D103C

This driver was moded for HP Pavillion  DV6-3298en and series, but it might work with other laptops too.

Download: http://dl.transfer.ro/Display-transfer_RO-05nov-d68a32.zip

I am not responsible for any malfunctions or hardware issues, or any problems generated by this driver. When you install it, you are aware of risks. Is a moded driver, not official.

Sorry, but I have some work to do, so I will be quick to explain how to install this driver. Maybe later, I will provide some detailed instructions.

I only tested the 64-bit version. Because I don't have 32-bit windows on my system, the 32-bit version is untested. Please replay if any problems.

This driver it must be installed as update driver. I assume that you have Windows 7 or Vista installed.

Go to Start > type in search box Device Manager then click on it

After you click on Device Manager a new window will open and in this window look for Display adapters. Double click on Display adapters and you should have ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5xxx or 6xxx and Intel(R) HD Graphics.

Right click on ATI Mobility Radeon and select Update Driver Software... In this new windows select the second option, Browse my computer for driver software.

In the next screen , select Let me pick pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk... button and then Browse for the driver .inf file. It is located where you gave extracted the driver.

For example: C:\Temp\Display\W76_INF\C7124445.inf   This ex. is for 64-bit windows platform

Click on Open  and then on OK. Now you should have a window with ATI Mobility Radeon video. Bellow is a warning that the driver is not digitally signed. Is OK.

Now press Next and your driver update should start. Because the driver is not digitally signed, windows will prompt you with a warning. When this windows appears, please select the second option Install this driver software anyway.

After the update complete, the display may flicker. Don't panic, is ok. Wait until the screen looks ok again.

REBOOT THE LAPTOP AFTER THE DRIVER WAS INSTALLED!

Hope will not be any problems. Please post if any problems.

Best regards,

Andrew

HP Recommended

THANK!!! I am going to try this right now. I have been fighting with this problem for weeks.  Will post back when done with how it worked for me and any advice i have!

HP Recommended

Thank you. Just one question though. The Piston guy said something about installing version 11.2 first then 11.8. To preserve the bridge between the intel HD and Radeon 5xxx. Will what you posted work by just installing the 11.8 by itself?

HP Recommended

Yes, you don't need to install any prior version before this driver. Just install as update driver.

I run this version on a Windows 64-bit and seems to work OK.

In Passmark performance test software looks like I gained about 100-110 more points using this version.

BR,

Andrew

HP Recommended

just updated with this.... so far so good... going to try and play a game. Its rather easy to do the update just follow intuition.

HP Recommended

thanks for letting me know I'm currently downloading it. Let me know how the ATI handles the game.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.