Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

please help me with any other tips as i am not able to turn on my laptops screen with all these tips implemented......

HP Recommended

I spilt some liquid on my dv6 about a week ago and even though it managed to soak into it, I cleaned most of it. It worked for another half an hour before it came up with the blue error message telling me to restart my computer, on trying to restart it, I got the no screen, no boot, LED's flashing. Now I took the back off it, and just to make sure I had got all the liquid, I put rice through the back of it, and across the keyboard as a last minute effort. It will now boot up to a start up menu claiming that I should go to hp.com/techcenter/startup or something like that. I think the problem may just be with the HD but if anyone else has any opinions or tips, please go ahead. I have so much work on it and I would really like to get it back

HP Recommended

Open up the whole laptop disconect every thing!!! everything!!!! take out the RAM disconect the Intel... and leave it there for at least an hour. Connect everyting again and press the power button and ESC button and it would ask you to restart. and that's it...

HP Recommended

hi ive had this same issue and now have realised that if i have my comp plugged in and it goes into sleep or hibination and i restart it without it plugged in it goes to blank screen and same unplugged to plugged. if you hook it up to a tv you will see your desktop on the screen with it saying switching graphics. make sure if you use hibination or sleep that you rewake it as you left it, plugged in or unplugged. ive spent many times formatting and updating software to no sucsess and lost lots of files and photos by not plugging it into the tv before realising this.

HP Recommended

Thanks yankee07 !!!  My wife's laptop was dead, bricked, etc...  Bought a new power adapter and battery, still nothing.  No lights (other than the light by the power adapter connection), no signs of life when holding down the power button for minutes.  Left the battery and charger disconnected for 10 or so minutes, followed the rest of your instructions and it powered up!  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Dear Experts:

Why does my DV6-1100eo needs to be heated about 30 mins or more before i can pass the black screen, numlock and capslock flashing.

After heating, the laptop run smoothly.

Please explain or teach me why or what should i do of this matter occurs.

Thank You...

HP Recommended

thanx heaps 444 ur info was excellent am sooo happy now :generic: now I know what to do next time this happens! thanx again

HP Recommended

Brilliant!!! So simple!!! HP wake up!!!

HP Recommended
Really I just purchased this lap top in May 2013. At least my Dell waited 4 years before it gave up the Ghost. Tried noway 444 start/esc at same time and it shut down. This point Hp is going to have this thing at a refurbish sale. Extremely disappointed. I do not want to have to play 20 things to start the computer. Sadly enough have used this a max of 15 times.
HP Recommended

Thank you, this worked for my dvd6000. I almost gave up, then I read this. It didn't ask to repair it. It ask me if I wanted to start up my hp pile of crap. I will not get another HP ever again. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.