Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Basically I need the drivers for PCI Device and there is an unknown thing im unsure on. If anyone can help me I would greatly  

appreciate it.

Hardware Ids: 

PCI Device:

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_1849103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&SUBSYS_1849103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&CC_FF0000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5229&CC_FF00

Unknown Device:

ACPI\HPQ0004
*HPQ0004

1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Lets start with you helping us by identifying your notebook completely.

HP has produced and brought to market more than a thousand different models of notebooks and desktop PCs over the years. It is difficult to help you if we don't know which specific model you own..

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows, you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key.

Method #2:
Remove the battery and look in the compartment where the battery was installed. You should see a Service tag with printed part number and a product name. Please post the p/n (with all alphanumeric characters here). If you live outside of North America, it helps us if you post the country of purchase. Also post the installed CPU type. (AMD or Intel)

Don't forget to post the name of the installed operating system if you haven't already done that.

the PCI\VEN  device is a Realtek PCIe Card Reader (multimedia memory card). The driver is located at the web support portal for your notebook in the download section. You didn't identify your notebook nor the OS, so i can't  provide a link to the driver at the moment.

The ACPI\HPQ0004 device is  ProtectSmart Hard drive protection

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Lets start with you helping us by identifying your notebook completely.

HP has produced and brought to market more than a thousand different models of notebooks and desktop PCs over the years. It is difficult to help you if we don't know which specific model you own..

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows, you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key.

Method #2:
Remove the battery and look in the compartment where the battery was installed. You should see a Service tag with printed part number and a product name. Please post the p/n (with all alphanumeric characters here). If you live outside of North America, it helps us if you post the country of purchase. Also post the installed CPU type. (AMD or Intel)

Don't forget to post the name of the installed operating system if you haven't already done that.

the PCI\VEN  device is a Realtek PCIe Card Reader (multimedia memory card). The driver is located at the web support portal for your notebook in the download section. You didn't identify your notebook nor the OS, so i can't  provide a link to the driver at the moment.

The ACPI\HPQ0004 device is  ProtectSmart Hard drive protection

Best regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion G6-2213sa, windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

Reason Im having ptoblems with drivers is because I downgraded from win8.

Kind Regards,

Kai

HP Recommended

The Realtek RT5229 driver is at Realtek. Choose the appropriate OS and device from the Windows device driver list. 

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

Thank you, however when I installed the unknown device driver you gave, it said to reboot so I did and now my hp laptop is stuck on windows start up?

HP Recommended

Did the updated link in my first post correct the unknown device driver issue?

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

Yes it did thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Kai

HP Recommended

You are very welcome. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same problem as described above, PCI driver is not installed.  My hp pavillion g6 series product number is QA873EA AB4.    

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.