Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am recieving a HP Pavilion dv4000 laptop a Intel Pentium M 725 / 1.6 GHz    what i want to know is can i replace it with a 2 GHz  CPU  ? Like you can with the DV6000 and DV9000  laptops ?

if I can what would be the one i need to look for as in Part number

Thank you

Todd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes there is a compatible 2 ghz processor for that laptop. Actually a 2.13 ghz CPU

Your Manual

396700-001 is the part number.

$13.50 shipped from Illinois:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentium-M-Dothan-770-2-13G-2M-533Mhz-Laptop-Processor-CPU-SL7SL-No-FRU-/1213...

This is still a single core 32 bit processor so do not expect great things but 1.6 to 2.13 ghz will be noticeable.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

It supports the following list:

Intel Pentium M 2.00-, 1.73-, 1.60-, or 1.50-GHz processors, or Intel Celeron M 1.50-, 1.40-, or 1.30-GHz processors

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

so if i put a 2 GHz probably will not work?

Thank you

Todd

HP Recommended

Yes there is a compatible 2 ghz processor for that laptop. Actually a 2.13 ghz CPU

Your Manual

396700-001 is the part number.

$13.50 shipped from Illinois:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentium-M-Dothan-770-2-13G-2M-533Mhz-Laptop-Processor-CPU-SL7SL-No-FRU-/1213...

This is still a single core 32 bit processor so do not expect great things but 1.6 to 2.13 ghz will be noticeable.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

HP Recommended

I was told by the person sending me the laptop that it says 2 GHz in the Bios so that is probably the most I can put into it

or can I go to a 2.13 or would be able to tell the difference

if it is worth it would you know that part number for the 2.13 GHz

Thank you

HP Recommended

I gave you the HP Part Number and a link to a place to buy it much cheaper than HP will charge if they even still have it (likely not).  The Manual has a complete list of the compatible processors and their HP Part Nos.

HP Recommended

that helped me a lot  and yes they still have 10 or more

Thanlk you again

Have a Great Weekend

Todd

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.