Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6 2008tx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

I've been using my HP Pavilion g6 2008tx model bought in June 2012 till now. It was 40K then. 6 months back my laptop had power up problem, I tried buying new batteries but no luck. It also dint power up with Adapter. As I dint have warranty, gave it to a local store. He said the power to the motherboard IC is not going, nor that circuit path working properly. So he made a trip (copper wire) connecting the power and IC. It worked good for 6months till now. When again this issue happened, I went back to him, he tried doing the same, but this time after 3hours of his work on the mother board, he says the motherboard is dead. All circuits are gone, have to get a new one.

Thinking he's trying to cost me, i approached 2 more technicians, they said the same.

Taking it to the HP Service center to get a new Motherboard, he says stock not available and might cost around 20K. I see the motherboard price is 7K alone.

With no motherboard around and the rest of the components in hand, should I go searching for new motherboard or try a new Laptop as its already 5yrs old. Or go with a new assembled laptop making use of the working parts like HDD Ram Nic card Dvd drive processor etc.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.