Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,
I need a WiFi card faster than it presently has the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 Is the card Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 will work in my computer Hewlett-Packard ProBook 4740s? Where can I find the current list of compatible WiFi cards with my computer?

Best Regards,

Robert (Personal Information removed)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

The compatible Wi-Fi modules are listed in the Pages 3, 23, 24 in the service guide in the following link:
http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=522949...

Intel Dual band wireless AC-7260 is not listed for your business class notebook.

Regards

Visruth

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi

The compatible Wi-Fi modules are listed in the Pages 3, 23, 24 in the service guide in the following link:
http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/manualsResults/?sp4ts.oid=522949...

Intel Dual band wireless AC-7260 is not listed for your business class notebook.

Regards

Visruth

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply, I was not able to find this document. However, perhaps I will venture and buy the WiFi card to see if it will work. While UEFI is not locked everything should be OK. Of course I will inform about the outcome of the tests.

Regards,
Robert Hiczuk

HP Recommended

Okay Robert, hope you know about the HP BIOS whitelist that was there previously. I don't know if it's still there for your notebook.

Do let me know how it goes for you.

HP Recommended

I know, I had this problem with WWAN modem in ProBook 6540b:-)

Good news and a big success. Today reached me NIC Wireless-AC 7260. Without any problem I installed it and ran the ProBook 4740s Windows 8.1 Professional x64. It works perfectly. Now I just have to make the upgrade the router and enjoy WiFi a speed of nearly 1Gb/s.

Regards,
Robert Hiczuk

HP Recommended

Hi write me plese which card you by? 

For example 7260.HMWG/HMWGC/HMWGU/HMWD/HMWWB

Thanks.

HP Recommended

On my card is 7260.HMW

Regards,

Robert

HP Recommended

Thanks, if you can send please photo to. I need more information about a card. For example: letters and numbers it important.

I find these card. As at you:

Intel 7260 7260HMW 802.11AC WiFi Bluetooth 4.0 Half Mini PCI-E Card

57.JPG

HP Recommended

You're welcome. The picture is not the best quality, but all parameters and the numbers should be legible.
Currently, the card works with Netgear R6250 and is doing well.
See how quickly connects to the router - the distance is about 8 meters in a straight line.

Zrzut ekranu 2014-12-09 09.jpgZrzut ekranu 2014-12-09 09.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank a lot. Who interested I find more powerful wifi card for 4740s its RTL8188CEB8 BT 602993-001 I check.
But I think I buy this card 802.11ac Bluetooth 4.0 WiFi for Intel Laptop Dual Band Wireless 867Mbps 7260HMW from ebay.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.