Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I'm not sure If I post this message in correct topic of this forum, if not, I'm sorry.

I've an HP MicroServer Gen8 and I'm very happy with. But for security reasons I want to mirrored the two drives to RAID1.

It's for me along time ago to configuring RAID and I forget things quickly. I use this server for private and office use.

I have two hard drive froms 500GB (I bought a new second disk). I saw that the HP Dynamic Smart Array was not enabled in the first boot sequence when I start the server. So I go to BIOS for setup. I followed this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSQWJCbvpAA (from HP, the uploader is someone else btw)

When I was in the BIOS I go to:

1 System options

2 SATA Controller Options

3 And then Embbed SATA configution

4 I get an warning message pop-up, when I want to enable and I press on enter (I followed exactly the tutorial on youtube)

5 Enable Dynamic HP Smart Array B120i RAID Support -> I press on enter

6 Then I go to Advanced Options and press on Advanced System ROM Options and I enable the Virtual Install Disk

7 I go look back on System Options if I see now that the Dynamic HP Smart Array B120i RAID Support is enabled, but I didn't see it.

Small info: I see under PCI Device enable/disable that the Dynamic HP Smart Array is enabled. But Why I cant see it under System Options?

In the video is ROM - BASED Setup utility, Version 3.00

Copyright 1982, 2012 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

And in this server is :

ROM - BASED Setup utility, Version 3.00

Copyright 1982, 2014 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P.

Maybe it's changed. I don't know.

I'm stuck. Missed I an feature that I need to enable in the Bios setting? I'm known well in BIOS. But the RAID configuration is a bit drained away...

Can anyone help me further?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerly,

Blusion.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You may also want to post your question on the HP Enterprise Business Community Support Forum -- Proliant Servers section.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/ProLiant/ct-p/proliant

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks!

I will post my message also there.

Have a nice day!

Sincerley,

Blusion.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You have a nice day too!

HP Recommended

Good day Blusion. Could you possibly send me a link where you reposted this message and resolved your problem?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.