Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a HP Probook 6450b and it  has a built in webcam but when I tried to use it, it said that it wasn't on and that I need to turn it on. How do you turn it on?!

Please help me out.

Regards,

Ijaz Asim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sorry, it is long back I replied,

if the Imaging Devices entry does not appear in Device Manager, go to 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers'  category in Device Manager, expand it, right click on each 'USB RootHub' entry below, and click uninstall. Once all USB roothubs are removed, click Action tab and click Scan for Hardware Changes, check to see if Webcam Works, if not, it may gone bad.

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Click Start->type DEVMGMT.MSC in search Field above, and Press Enter, it opens Device Manager Window.

Go to 'Imaging Devices' category, right click on HP WebCam entry, and click Uninstall. 

Click Action tab above on Device Manager, and click Scan for Hardware Changes, use HP MediaSmart Software to check if Webcam Works fine,

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Hi Kiran,

Thanks for your reply i have checked using step which you have mentioned but i didnot find Imaging Devices category in device manager. 

Please help me out .

Device Manager.jpg

Regards,

Ijaz Asim

HP Recommended

Sorry, it is long back I replied,

if the Imaging Devices entry does not appear in Device Manager, go to 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers'  category in Device Manager, expand it, right click on each 'USB RootHub' entry below, and click uninstall. Once all USB roothubs are removed, click Action tab and click Scan for Hardware Changes, check to see if Webcam Works, if not, it may gone bad.

Thank You.
Kiran Talluri

HP Recommended

Dear Kiran,

Thanks for your reply i have folowed your instruction but still i am unable to find the webcam in device manager.

How can i check webcam hardware is installed?

Regards,

Ijaz Asi

HP Recommended

i'm having the same problem with my built-in webcam. i don't have the installation disc with me so is there a way for me to download the driver?

HP Recommended

NOT SOLVED

this solution doesnt work, please help!

HP Recommended

EXACTLY SAME ISSUE, PLS HELP.

I NEVER THOUGHT THAT HP WILL GIVE ME THIS KIND OF PROBLEMS.....

Regards
HP Recommended

I too have the same issue. The Webcam was working fine still last week. But immediatly it stopped working today. In device manager i cannot see any Imaging Device.

HP Recommended

I saw some other people get the same issue , the hp Probook6450b can't find the webcam..

I also suffer this for a long time..

Another title about this mark "Solved" but I check the articles , the person got this problem still get the same issues.

I don't understand , how hp deal this kind of thing by this kind of attitude.

I analysis this problem may cause by hardware or software..If it comes by hardware , the hp webcam used on this 6450b may get very high failure rate.

If it came from software , that may because the installing of driver issue ,maybe the driver can't support for it.

You can see HP always put all the drivers on website , I really don't know which one is correct driver for my webcam..

Please someone take a look at this ..

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.