cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
obeythewall
Just joined
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HP Revolve 810 SSD User Replaceable?

HP Recommended

I was curious if the Revolve 810's SSD is user replaceable, and what size physically it is in case I wanted to upgrade it?

0 Kudos
Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
David_Schwartzs
Level 4
111 111 14 13
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
The Revolve 810 uses a mSATA SSD card. 4.85mm thickness, 29.85mm wide.

It looks easy enough to replace, there's a video on how to do it here:
http://h20464.www2.hp.com/resultsCSR.htm?prodSeriesId=5298038&MEID=846BA69F-F69A-4EBC-BFB4-895AE7B62...

(Click on Solid State Drive for the exact video)

Hope this helps!
Padron26
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i know this thread is in the grave already...

but its actually a,  m.2 ssd. slightly différent then a msata

0 Kudos
BensonTech
2 2 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G1 uses the mSATA format and I think that's clear in the video.  Here's an excerpt from the QuickSpec page:

STORAGE AND DRIVES

Solid State Drive
Up to 256 GB mSATA
NOTE: Solid State Drives (SSD), GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 30 GB for Windows 8 is reserved for system recovery software.

The HP EliteBook Revolve 810 G2/G3 however, uses the M.2 format.  Here's an excerpt from the QuickSpec page:

STORAGE AND DRIVES

Solid State Drive
128/180/256 GB M.2 Solid State Drives
256 GB SED M.2 Solid State Drive

NOTE: For hard drives and solid state drives, GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 16 GB (for Windows 7) and 30 GB (for Windows 8.1) of system disk is reserved for the system recovery software.

* I have personally installed Samsung SSDs in HP laptops and tablets with capacities up to 500GB/512GB with no issues, so even though HP doesn't offer capacities above 256GB specifically for G1/G2 models, it doesn't mean you're capped at 256GB. 

Alienbishop
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have HP Revolve 810 G2 i5 without SSD, from your post it is clear that i need M.2 SSD, but they are available in diferent brands and specs, could you explain which M.2 SSD should i get to get make it work best with my HP Revolve 810 G2 i5?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation