Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@coolness150 wrote:

To fix this go to the control panel and click on the heading named Programs then click the heading Programs and Features. Look for the program labeled Validitity. After clicking it once (only once!) find the button that says Repair click it and the problem is done. Hope it works! 🙂

I made an account on this forum just to thank you. It was simple and it worked 😄

HP Recommended

@Schranzistor wrote:

Hello,

Here ist the new Simplepass 2012 Software:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54680.exe

Hope it works

Thanks

Martin

Whats the difference between this and 7.x?

Simplepass 7.x (7.1.5.9 i believe) will not work with FF 7 or FF 7.0.1

HP Recommended

The 7.x SimplePass software is from Egistec - it is compatible with HP and works for most folks.  Egistec is better about keeping up with changes to Firefox (not perfect, but better).

HP SimplePass 2011, and now the latest SimplePass 2012 (sp54680.exe  v 5.3.1.7) is the version you find in HP software that is installed on HP systems when you purchase and/or re-install your system.  HP SimplePass is the version you will find at your Software and Drivers page for your HP hardware.  HP SimplePass is the official version suppported by HP.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

HP Simple pass - Not detecting fingerprint reader.

since last 1 week.

request chk , advice & send driver etc to get the function

HP Recommended

Hi Navneetmehta19,

Welcome to the Forum! Smiley Happy

Send your computer model and Windows OS and we'll take a look:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

It was SimplePass working before this, yes?  Did you try to update it?

Send your system information and we'll go from there...

Thanks.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I have hp pavillion dv6 and my fingerprint reader was working perfectly. I did some updates a couple of days ago as recommended by HP and now my fingerprint doesn't work when online. I can use it to log into my computer but can't get it to work while online. When I go to a website that requires login info, the dialog box doesn't appear and when I try to scan my finger eventually a dialog box appears with the heading "Loading" but nothing happens. I tried to uninstall HP simplepass but it givems me Error 1772 windows installer error. Don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated.

HP Recommended

Welcome to the Forum BoneDoc,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with SimplePass.

It would help to know the following:

• Exact model of dv6 that you have
  • Exact OS - I am assuming Windows 7- 64bit and will give advice based on that assumption
  • Your Version of SimplePass  - there are several - which one are you running??

Re: error code 1722 (cannot find 1772?)

Error code 1722:  Windows Installer is apparently stopped or corrupted, or perhaps damaged in some way. 

There are a couple of things to try....

The very first thing I suggest, if you have not already done so, BEFORE you remove SimplePass:

Export your webcards!  This is a backup of all your passwords and logins to your websites.

Call up SimplePass, Go to Settings, Export...

This way you can Import when you reinstall the software and you'll be good to go...

Cleaning the Registry:

Removing software does not clear the registry.  If the registry is not cleared, program installation and removal may fail. 

You may use your favorite registry cleaner, or download and use CCleaner to clean out the registry.  Select the FREE version.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Download CCleaner onto your computer and install it.  Run the program in Registry cleaner mode and allow it to clear the registry. 

NOTE:  CCleaner is a powerful program - if you use the APPLICATION cleaner (different section from the registry cleaner), be sure to uncheck/check the bits to control what you wnat to keep and remove or CCleaner will remove stuff like Paint, Avast, Adobe Reader.  It is not evil, just thorough: CCleaner has to be trained to do what YOU want it to do.

After you clean the registry,

Try removing SimplePass.

If that does not work, check the Windows Installer:

The Automatic setting may not be standard for this service and is provided as a suggestion.

It is not harmful as far as I am aware - set it back to manual if you have concerns.

Do NOT disable this service.

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services >

click on Standard tab at the bottom (to make it easier to scan the list)

Scan down the left Column and Look for Windows Installer > Right-Click > Properties

In the Center of the Properties page, at Startup Type > from the drop down menu, Select Automatic

On the left side of the Properties page, Click Start

On the bottom of the Properties page, Click OK

Reboot Your Computer.

Try removing SimplePass.

Let me know if you'd like more help!

I hope this helps.

Click The Kudos Star to say Thanks!       

Set in Reply “Accept as Solution” if it’s fixed! 

Kudos are Earned!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I have windows 7 64 bit. My software is simplepass by digital persona version 5.1.0.4248.

I tried ccleaner but that didn't work. I also tried changing windows installer to automatic and that didn't work either. I don't know how to export the passwords. The digital reader software doesn't even open. I tried to open it manually from digital persona folder under program files and nothing happens. Still get Error 1772 when trying to uninstall the digital persona simplepass software.

At this point my digital reader doesn't even work when opening windows. I have to log in manually.  I checked under device manager and it says the biometric device is working properly.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Have you tried using the Recovery Manager and taking the whole system back to a restore point just before all this fell apart?

The 1772 error is an RPC error:

RPC_X_NO_MORE_ENTRIES 1772 (0x6EC)    The list of RPC servers available for the binding of auto handles has been exhausted. It is probably related to the call stack.  There are many interdependencies in the RPC services list. See next reply for Windows Installer fix from Microsoft.  IMO- stay away from "scanners and fixers" from companys claiming to "fix" this for you.  They can be anywhere from useless to downright dangerous to your computer.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

BoneDoc,

Re: Error 1772 Windows Installer - cannot remove program

This is the recovery document from microsoft on fixing the Windows Installer.  Take a look at it and see if this solves the issue.  You'll need to scroll down to the Resolution section and click into the Section on Vista / Windows 7.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651/

There are still other options should this fail to bring joy.

Good Luck.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.