Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I was contacted by an HP Case Manager about the issues that I had. Even though my product was out of warranty, HP offered me a discount on the repair. They replaced the battery inside of the dock and fixed another issue. I have to say that I am very happy with HP and their representatives and will remain a loyal customer.

HP Recommended

Both batteries are probably charged.  To find out follow the steps below starting with the power OFF.

1.  press power button,

2. press 'esc' key  slowly until the diagnostics menu appears, if Windows starts press the 'esc' key sooner after you press the power button.

3. select F2 - System Diagnostics

4. select Component Tests

5. select Battery

6. select Run Once and wait for the test to end.

7. select Battery Details

8. review battery 1 & 2 information, specifically "Remaining Capacity"

This will also help determine if the batteries are in good shape.

HP Recommended

I had the same issue, my battery icon would say "battery #2not present".

I ran all the diagnostics advised & the best info I could get was battery 2 not recognised.

Our years warranty was just out, I found the dissassembly intructions on HP's site which gave the part number for the battery.

A quick online search put the battery at about $100 so I was willing to live with the tablet battery alone as it still gave me 3+ hours.

The dissassembly looked so easy I decided to give it a go.

Remove the rubber foot pads using a piece of plastic (something which wont scratch the base).

This reveals either one or 2 small philips screws under each pad.

Unscrew these plus any obvious ones you see on the base then pry the back cover off all the way around.

IMG_20150829_123800.jpg

The first thing Inoticed was the part number differed from the one shown in the manual.

Further to this there was a sticker with a spare part replacement number which different again.

Suffice to say these parts must be continually upgrades hence the disparity in numbers.

Look at the top of the battery & you'll notice the + & - terminal symbols & their connection to the board.

I noticed that my battery connection was off slightly, I 've attached a poor photo below.

IMG_20150829_125210.JPG

The connection was slightly slanted instead of pushed home fully.

I pushed it in,no more than a few mm's, the reassembled the back cover.

Hey presto battery #2 was recognised & we're backin action.

It was that simple.

HP Recommended

Good job resolving your issue.

HP Recommended

i have the same problem none of any info documenttions i found can resolve also many drivers probs frequently hope someone help with his

HP Recommended

join me in !!! so iiretating

HP Recommended

I had same problem and tried every solution as discussed in forum, then I tried an other solution by my self and it works properly and if the problem repeated we can repeat the solution.

Follow the following steps

unplug your computer and use the battery to 7%

retart the computer and press esc to start in BIOS mode

leave the computer in BIOS mode and let the battery discharged to "0"

once battery got completely discharged and computer got off

Plugin and start charging, you will find that both the batteries are chrging properly.

This method works for me and I hope it will help all the users

Thanks 

Amir Khan

HP Recommended

HP ya thives,

I will never, ever ever ever in my life buy another product from you crappy company

I had the same problem with my battery, and when I called them they said it will cost $300, but since I am loyal customer they will charge $250. " that's their game"

I did my self and found out that the cable was loss, and all I did is that I repluggded it and used better tape.

I am sure 90% of this crappy product customers battery issue was from the loss cable.

because Rabidlamb had the same issue and fixed it the same way too.

Shame on you HP

Don't buy their products at all

IMG_54064.JPG

HP Recommended

Tried all the steps listed but nothing fixes the issue! I hardly use the laptop due to this. I only use the laptop when I travel (4 times a year) and rely on my desk top  which works well. I should have learned NOT to purchase HP. Had a HP printer that printed backwardds (NO MIRROR IMAGE WAS NOT CHECKED). The printer was under warranty and H wpuld not preplace it because HP consider printing backwards was still printing. With this split laptop, when I received it as a gift, I called about the issue (3 years ago) and I was told HP considered when it was made, not SOLD, so it was already out of warranty when I received it. I was recovering from a heart issue so I did not fight it. Guess I am not the only one with this problem You would think HP would issue a recall and fix the policy on warranties.

HP Recommended

I have had the Split X2 since 2014 and for the past 2 years I've had issues with both batteries not charging simultaneously. At other times my laptop will not even turn on, even though it is connected to the charger. I've taken it to Geek Squad to try to resolve the issue, but it continues to happen. Just last week it would not turn on for 3 straight days. Extremely frustrating to go through these issues and disappointing, HP. I've had other HP products and they've never given me any trouble until the Split X2. It was a bad purchase and extremely faulty product.  My next laptop purchase will definitely not be an HP product. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.