Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Exact same problem here, I have a Compaq Presario F579WM, warranty expired...

havent tried all the sugestions listed yet, I'll do it tomorrow and come back to say how it went

HOPE IT WORKS

HP Recommended

Good luck.

I  went on the hp website and updated the chipset, the network adapter and the bios. still nothing. If you figure it out please post the

solution.

thanks

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on my Pavilion DV9000...just stopped working

Whats up HP?

How do I fix this since the wireless is built into my laptop?

I tried new drivers and re install of the software and still nothing.

Maybe it's time to buy a Dell

HP Recommended

good luck, I never did find the solution and its been almost a year. I use an external antenna. I do remember though

last year that due to the widespread problem. HP was giving extentions to the warrenty on the more expensive laptops

like the pavillion. My cheapie pressario was not offered the free extended warrenty, but I thought the Paviliions were covered. check it out. good luck

HP Recommended

Pavillion 6458se. Same problem, naturally the warranty just expired. I flashed the BIOS with the newest version, reinstalled drivers, nothing. Called the tech support and they didn't say anything about the extended warranty (which my laptop is listed under), sounded to me like he really didn't want to check about it. The response I got was the motherboard fried... everything else works just fine though 😛

Will aftermarket wireless programs work?

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem intermittently on my F500 series Presario.  My HP Wireless Assistant sometimes will work, sometimes it won't.  If I let the laptop sit for awhile, the light will eventually turn blue on its own, and I get a wireless connection, but the HP Wireless Assistant still won't start.  Sometimes it will come and go at random.

I tried running Linux on my presario, but I didn't get any wireless capacity at all.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Was reading the blogs by you all. most of you have got some problem with the wireless light in your compaq/hp laptops. I will give you the solution for the same here.

1. Try to do a BIOS DEFAULT first, mostly it gets fixed by doing this step.

2. If not, try do REFRESH THE DRIVERS.

3. If that also doesn't work, do a BIOS UPDATE (if possible).

4. If that also doesn't work, you need to RESEAT THE WIRELESS CARD (most of the time, it gets fixed by doing this).

5. If that also doesn't work, you can try to do a SYSTEM RECOVERY (this hardly works).

6. If that also doesn't work, the only option for you is to REPLACE THE WIRELESS CARD.

Hope that is enough for you guys to fix your wireless issue. If you have any further querries, as in how to perform the above mentioned steps, you can revert back here or you can email me at L2support.hp@gmail.com.

Thanks. :generic:

Thanks,
L2 Support.
HP Recommended

But remember, the notebooks which are under Limited Service Enhancement Program do not need to do all these steps.

Just try to do a BIOS DEFAULT, if it doesn't work, you need to send the notebook in for repair, and will cost you $259 + taxes.

Thanks,
L2 Support.
HP Recommended

Do you think that 259 + tax is a good deal??????  For one thing, the product should last more than one year before

needing repair, second with this widespread problem, its obviously a problem with design and should be replaced free.

Why would I pay 259 to repair a laptop that I can replace for 300 and have more memory, hard drive and faster processor.

I can tell you I have bought 2 laptops since, and niether were HP/ Compac brands.

thanks for nothing

HP Recommended

yes i know, its not a good deal at all. but as far as i know, HP was replacing the motherboard of such laptops free of cost till September/November last year. even if the nb was 2 yr out of warranty!! but now its not free of cost but with some discounts.

Thanks,
L2 Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.